Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soligor spot meters any good? Other ideas.

Re: Soligor spot meters any good? Other ideas.

For the high scale on the Pentax spot the battery ground goes through the battery lid latch (that must be clean) then the battery lid hinge (also must be clean), then the screw/socket for the strap/tripod. A lug and wire pick up the ground inside on that screw(take the case off to get to that screw). If any of these are loose, the high range doesn't work. Also the spring contact at the side of the battery holder must have pressure when the lid closes, and be clean. WD40 is a good cleaner, used with plenty of paper wipes to keep it from running inside. Mine had the same problem, these fixed it.

James, thanks for your hints. Maybe you know a little more about the Penntaxes secrets; I loosened some small cables inside and my dude maybe didnt reconnect them correct. What works on mine is the low light scale and the light on the scale, this light also works when the 9v battery is removed, the low light scale doesnt. High light scale and battery check dont work. Is it correct that the scale light works from the 1,35v battery?
    Thanks and Kind Regards
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by James E Galvin View Post
    For the high scale on the Pentax spot the battery ground goes through the battery lid latch (that must be clean) then the battery lid hinge (also must be clean), then the screw/socket for the strap/tripod. A lug and wire pick up the ground inside on that screw....
    I looked at this now, the spring contact at the side of the battery holder goes to that screw and has a cable into the circuit, but with what cable comes the ground out?

Thanks and Kind Regards
    Martin

Mine doesn't have a light. If the light works with the 9V removed, then the 1.35V battery is getting connection, and my suggestions are wrong. Try to make a diagram of the circuit, poke around with a meter...... Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by James E Galvin View Post
    ...Good luck...
    Thanks, you helped me a lot, your answer brought me to look into the meter again and I think now its not dead but just wrong reconnected, I will bring it to me dude again and I think we will find the problem.

Kind Regards
    Martin

My first spotmeter was a Zone VI modified version. It never performed as well as I expected. Side-by-side comparison with a Pentax yielded significantly different results. This would not be a problem if the results were consistent across the scale of exposure latitude - but this was not the case.

This may well be an isolated instance. Nevertheless, I replaced the Soligor with a Pentax.

I got one that I bought in 1984 and was modifyed by zone vI in 1987, it still works good.