Thread: Suggestions on handling 17x25 prints

Suggestions on handling 17x25 prints

I just got a box of Harman Glossy FB in 17x25 sheets. Makes a great looking print, and allows good margins for viewing naked prints. My problem is finding a good way to carry and show prints this size, which is not a standard portfolio size.

Re: Suggestions on handling 17x25 prints

Can you find a 20x24 portfolio box?

Check with Freestyle...

Also, you may want to mount these on 20x24 boards because I find that larger prints are so-o-o easy to crimp and bend. In fact, if you're not just sliding them from one side of a clamshell box to the other, they will almost surely crimp.

Thanks, but I am not sure how I am going to get a 25" sheet into a 24" box.

oops!

Too many mai tais today!

(I'm on Maui vacationing...)

To get something that large, you're going to have to make it. I would go to a scrap book type store and see if you can get masonite boards or similar product that large for your covers. If the scrap book store can't help you, a lumber yard should. They have 4x8' sheets that can be cut to size. Remember that the front cover will have to be in two pieces to accomodate opening the album. If you aren't handy at this sort of thing, a book binder is the guy you need to see. Then I would go to somebody like Clear Bags, http://www.clearbags.com/?search|17x25%20bag|26:25 and buy some clear plastic sealable bags to put your prints in it for protection. Then I would have a comb holes put into the bags to be mounted into your covers. The very largest ready made album I've seen is made by Print File and it's 13x19" . I have one and it impresses potential clients. When full with 50 images, it weighs a ton. I got my box of 17x25 a couple of weeks ago...it is nice isn't it?

Another idea that occured to me is that if you want a more permanant presentation is to clear laminate the prints and comb cut directly and mount. I use Seal Crystal Clear and it enhances while protects. It's tough as nails this way. I used this with Enhanced Matt paper for presentations that get a lot of handling and it looks almost as good as the Harman FB AI. The Harman is better though.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Thanks Greg! Interesting idea for an album. I am just looking for a box, and I really hate to take the RotoTrim to those 17x25 sheets. Light Impressions has a 19x25 box, which I have ordered, but it depends on how close it is to 25. (TrueCore™ Flat Storage Box, Tan, 19 x 25 x 2 Item#5076 ) I can glue a spacer in on the short side to keep the prints from sliding around.