Thread: Gossen LunaPro SBC service

Gossen LunaPro SBC service

After a lot of troubleshooting and help with Provia 100F processing from Mike Parks at Praus Productions Inc. in Rochester, NY we've come to the conclusion that my meter is not linear. The meter checks out fine with the sunny f16 rule when it is sunny out but down around EV values of 6, where I like to shoot, I end up underexposing my film by 2/3 to 1 stop. When I use my trusty F3, N80 and D40 at these low light levels they agree with each other and indicate an exposure of 1/2 to 1 stop more than what my LunaPro SBC indicates and that is what my film is telling me.

I can dial this compensation into the LunaPro at low light levels but I don't know where the meter starts working properly. I can send the meter in to be serviced but that will cost $111 plus shipping. I can use one of my SLRs or the DSLR as a meter but it is difficult for me to go from a 35mm format to 4x5, I find it interferes with my large format mindset. For now I can use my little Sekonic L208, but I find the 'null' meter in the LunaPro SBC very intuitive.

Has anyone sent their meter into Bogen for service? Any other suggestions?

Scott

previous thread:
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ight=meter+lab

Re: Gossen LunaPro SBC service

The meter went off to Quality Light Metric in Hollywood, CA yesterday. Hopefully it will come back as good as new

Scott

I used them before for my lunasix 3 - which was totally messed up - $50 later it was good as new...!

Sounds to me like you had a magic meter with automatic reciprocity compensation...! I'd have traded you in a heartbeat...!

multiplex

my father had his serviced 20+ years ago,
    and i still use it today ( just the other night )...

I sent the meter to Quality Light Metric and it was recalibrated and it is on its way back to me. I am very impressed with the quick turnaround time, I mailed it out on Tuesday and today is Friday. It's coming back UPS ground so I'm sure it will take a while but I can't wait to try it out. I'll let people know how accurate it is.

Scott

Thanks for the final note on this. I have a Minolta IVF that took a dump and I was not going to get it fixed.

Wayne,

Here is the contact info that I got from the end of this post http://www.largeformatphotography.in...+light+metric:
    Quality Light Metric
    7095 Holywood Boulevard, Suite 550
    Los Angeles, CA 90028-8903

(213)467-2265

I was given an estimate of $60-88 based on my description and it came in at $70. I'd say it is definitely worth a call at the very least.

Scott