Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: OS X Leopard - Compatiblity Issues ?

Re: OS X Leopard - Compatiblity Issues ?

I've spoken to two people today, who've had possible printing problems with Leopard. They both contacted me.

One has CS2, so that could be the reason.

The other has CS3 and Leopard, and he's getting terrible color. He's a professional photographer and has been printing for a long time. I'm going over tomorrow to see if I can help him out. He may be having trouble specifying the printing profile. At least from his description, that's what it sounds like.

Doug Dolde

If you EVER think OS X is a problem watch this

http://blip.tv/file/340692/

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    I've spoken to two people today, who've had possible printing problems with Leopard. They both contacted me.

One has CS2, so that could be the reason.

The other has CS3 and Leopard, and he's getting terrible color. He's a professional photographer and has been printing for a long time. I'm going over tomorrow to see if I can help him out. He may be having trouble specifying the printing profile. At least from his description, that's what it sounds like.
    I can't print anything close to it's proper color or tone in Leopard using either CS2 or CS3. I have installed Tiger on another drive and when I need to print through photoshop I boot up Tiger and use CS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dolde View Post
    If you EVER think OS X is a problem watch this

http://blip.tv/file/340692/
    LMFAO!!! That is the truth. I got rid of Vista this weekend and switched back to XP. Vista was horrible with games and file copying.

Baxter

Brian, I am surprised by this. I think issue is actually more likely to be with your printer driver instead of CS3/Leopard.

Upgraded to CS3 after Leopard, biggest issue was finding a Leopard compatible printer driver for my Epson 7800. One (beta version) from Epson USA site proved fine whereas from Uk and Oz proved ,limiting in max resolution and colour control options. At one point was worried that all my custom ICC profiles would be unusable, not so with correct driver. Not sure what printer you are using, but might be worth investigating this, rather than Pshop itself.

Photoshop controls are in different looking dialogue boxes, but essentially the same. Also see that Photoshop CS3 tries to sync colour settings with any other CS software + vice versa, so had to ensure colour spaces were consistent.

Did have an issue initially with SCSI and Flexcolor for my Precision II, Apple solution fixed that and this works too. In other respects Leopard is working absolutely fine and surely easier to fix this than your current solution.