Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: OS X Leopard - Compatiblity Issues ?

Doug Dolde

Re: OS X Leopard - Compatiblity Issues ?

Since upgrading to Leopard, I cannot get an internet connection running Boot Camp on the Windows side. It was working great before I upgraded.

Are you running Windows XP or Vista? Sometimes the network connnection drops out on my Vista through Boot Camp, but I suspect that's Vista's problem.

Doug Dolde

Windows XP

http://www.scripting.com/stories/200...thLeopard.html

Talking with a friend a few days ago, he asked what I thought of Leopard. He had installed the new version, like me, the first day it came out. "I'm not liking it," I said. He said something that was simple, profound and revealing: "It's like Windows." It is.

Re: OS X Leopard - Not on my 3 year old eMac

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    Definite -- it won't go on my 3 year old eMac. No more Apple for me!
    Mac OS X 10.5.x Special Report: Run Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) on pre-867MHz systems

Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) requires Mac with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 processor running at 867MHz or faster, and will refuse to install on any systems running at a lower clock speed (even dual 800 MHz systems are excluded). However, there's an easy way to trick your lower-than-867 MHz Mac into running Leopard: install the operating system on an external FireWire hard drive using a computer that does meet the minimum clock speed requirements. You can then use that drive to boot a Mac running at less than 867 MHz (see the screenshot below for proof).

Better yet, you can hook a pre-867 MHz Mac up to a Mac that does meet official Leopard requirements and boot it in Target Disk Mode, then install Leopard directly. This should (we haven't yet tested this method) allow you to boot Leopard from the system's internal hard drive.

For more information on installing Leopard on a FireWire drive, see this article.

Obviously, performance for some features will be somewhat sluggish on older processors, but we've already received reports indicating normal operation.

There is an issue using Epson printers through airport. I have three airport express units throughout my home. I have my regular printer and my epson 7800 photo printer each wired by usb to one of the express units. I am using the new beta drivers by epson as the old drivers would not even would not even enable me to add a printer (when hooked up via airport express) With the new driver, sometimes it prints and hangs for a few minutes halfway through, sometimes it just gets the dreaded communication error. I now have to hook up by cable stretched across the room with a usb hub in the middle and I have to hook my laptops up directly to print documents. When hooked up directly things work fine, I am hoping the final epson driver will fix this problem. I believe they have received quite a bit of feedback as this affects more than just their photo printers.

Bob,

You forgot the links .

perhaps no relevant to most here, but CaptureOne will not work tethered to Canons yet on Leopard...
    Tyler

Peter

Here's a list I found. I can't speak to the credibility because I don't have Leopard, but at least it's from a reliable source.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=373263

Peter