Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Introducing Chamonix Whole Plate Camera

Re: Introducing Chamonix Whole Plate Camera

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I do have direct contact information. Please contact him directly for information about Chamonix cameras on display in Beijing. His email is hechongyue@gmail.com. So far as I know Mr. He does not speak or read Chinese but I suspect he will find a way to answer your reply.

Sandy King
    Sorry, that should have read, "So far as I know Mr. He does not speak or read English,"

His Chinese, so far as I am able to ascertain, is excellent.

Sandy King

Thank you! Sandy.

I have received a contact info. so I will check it out when I am there.

James.

OK, say a person wants to buy a Chamonix camera, how is it done and are the holders specific to the Chamonix cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by Turner Reich View Post
    OK, say a person wants to buy a Chamonix camera, how is it done and are the holders specific to the Chamonix cameras?

OK, ways I know to try to buy a camera.

1. You could go to China. That worked for me.

2. You could try to contact He Chong Yue by email to see if Chamonix will sell direct to the customer as does Shen-Hao.

3. You could place your order through Hugo Zhang.

About the holders, no,they are not specific to Chamonix cameras. They are built to the same specifications as AWB.

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    ...About the holders, no,they are not specific to Chamonix cameras. They are built to the same specifications as AWB...
    That depends on the specific holder size. For 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 Chamonix cameras, the subject of this thread, compatible holders will be Lotus, Chamonix and Fotoman. Chamonix holders will match all Lotus specifications with the possible exception of outside thickness, which isn't important. On this page

http://www.filmholders.com/filmho1.html

AWB says his 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 holders are based on a T-dimension of 0.300-inch. That differs from the Lotus, Chamonix and Fotoman holders which use a T-dimension of 0.260-inch. See item 2 in Hugo's first post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    That depends on the specific holder size. For 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 Chamonix cameras, the subject of this thread, compatible holders will be Lotus, Chamonix and Fotoman. Chamonix holders will match all Lotus specifications with the possible exception of outside thickness, which isn't important. On this page

http://www.filmholders.com/filmho1.html

AWB says his 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 holders are based on a T-dimension of 0.300-inch. That differs from the Lotus, Chamonix and Fotoman holders which use a T-dimension of 0.260-inch. See item 2 in Hugo's first post above.
    I assumed the question to which I responded was more broadly aimed at Chamonix cameras rather than the whole plate format since the original subject of the thread had already been fairly well redirected before I joined it. As such, my remarks were meant to apply to ULF formats, not to 6.5 X 8.5 format.

Sandy King

I'm glad to see new products in LF (and in film/chemical based photography) announced - here - or anywhere for that matter. If Hugo Zhang can make a buck, good. Better two or three.... Ditto, Steve Simmons, Bob Salomon and anyone else making the photgraphic world go round.

We need suppliers and manufacturors.

I'm not sure it's productive to be quibbling when they post announcements for a new product in a forum called "New Products". Thanks to all of them for new LF products!

C

Quote Originally Posted by Gudmundur Ingolfsson View Post
    Hugo Zhang is like Seve Simmons. He (mis)uses this forum to promote his commercial
    interest.
    Hugo's commercial interests are in our interest and entirely apropriate here as far as I can see. Keep the info coming Hugo.

Chris Dunham.

Few weeks ago Hugo Zhang said Chamonix web site will be up in a few weeks

Any chance?