I'm trying different papers with my B9180, and this evening's new flavor is Crane Museo Silver Rag. Unfortunately, the first print - in color - just came out very poorly. The detail is excessively soft, and there's a fine haze of ink extending beyond the image area at some points.

I had selected "Rigid photo rag" for the "paper category" setting in the "Add custom paper" dialog. Obviously that doesn't work, but I'm wary of just trying all the other settings because I've already had the experience of losing a print head to a head crash caused by a paper thickness mismatch, a $50 lesson I'd rather not repeat. Hence also, what I thought would be a conservative initial setting. If anyone has more specific guidance or can point to relevant documentation, I'd much appreciate it.

I should add, I've downloaded and installed the B9180 profile from the Crane website. I may end up making my own profile later on, but the first priority is just to make sure I can get the heads depositing ink properly on the paper.

Thanks for any advice here...