Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Another New Picture Thread

Re: Another New Picture Thread

That's about 40 sec, and double exposed for the moon, Capocheny.

Yes, but look what you got.
    A beautiful image, isn't that a great payoff?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    Here's one from early October 2006. Lower peninsula Michigan. Film is 400PortraNC in 5x4. The radio said wind was a steady 30mph with gusts to 45mph IIRC. Snow blowing right into my face right off the lake which was just a few miles beyond that tree line. Snow stopped (not the wind) for about 10 minutes while I made this photograph. It was clouding over again and the snow resumed while I tore down my setup. I was thinking -- this is early October in Michigan?

When I got back in the car I found my wife laughing her tail off making one joke after another about artists and suffering for art and all that. Behind every stereotype there's a little kernel of truth, yes?

3d Visual Effects artist

Along Tuna Canyon in Malibu CA 2 weekends ago. 135 Symmar on a Cambo SC2, 6 second exposure with 'normal' development (which for me is a bit under developed), f22 I believe

Daniel Buck - 3d VFX artist
    3d work: DanielBuck.net
    photography: 404Photography.net - BuckshotsBlog.com

Topanga Canyon, CA. Sironar-N 150, TriX in D76. This was my first outing with a Shen-Hao.
    Last edited by Marko; 6-Nov-2008 at 09:37.

City of Walnut. Clouds after rain.

Darkcloth Fumbler

i gotta say people...a really stellar set of pictures here. nary a bum frame in the batch. i've only been on this forum for a couple of months, and was starting to think this forum consisted of a bunch of guys who fiddled with their bellows but couldn't or wouldn't shoot anything but test shots of their back yards (hey, i've got plenty of test shots of my back yard too...). turns out it's not so! that's very gratifying.
    - matt haines

Business.
    Pleasure.

Eric Biggerstaff

Here are a couple from a month or so ago.

FP4+, rated 200, Rodinal 1+50, 20 minutes, Forte Polywarmtone
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

jetcode

Sheldon,
    I have a quick question about this image. I've been studying the reflection in the water. I note that the trees on the left side of the mountain appear in the reflection and the small cloud beyond the mountain appears in the reflection but the mountain does not appear in the reflection. This must be due to angle from elevation. The tree detail was lost to accommodate the highlights of the mountain which in my mind is an excellent compromise. The image is beautiful.

Rory,
    Really enjoy the layering in this image and that moon. The spacious graphic design is outstanding.

Bruce,
    That NC is just gorgeous. If that is what NC looks like I have found a new friend.

Marko,
    Lots of great textures. What format Shen-Hao are you using?

John,
    Really great contrast and flow in this image.

To Everyone: really nice work, inspiring. I'm hoping to make a contribution to this thread in the next couple of weeks.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    Sheldon,
    I have a quick question about this image. I've been studying the reflection in the water. I note that the trees on the left side of the mountain appear in the reflection and the small cloud beyond the mountain appears in the reflection but the mountain does not appear in the reflection. This must be due to angle from elevation. The tree detail was lost to accommodate the highlights of the mountain which in my mind is an excellent compromise. The image is beautiful.
    Thanks!

Yes, I was shooting from significantly higher than the lake, which is why the mountain does not show up in the reflection. Another factor is that I used a pretty strong indirect front rise coupled with pointing the camera down at the lake (both standards tilted strongly toward the mountain) which alters the relationship of the foreground to background. For the exposure, I used a 3 stop hard ND grad filter to hold back the mountain and sunlit areas (grad placed across the tree line). This was taken pretty close to sunrise so there was a strong differential between the exposure of the shadow foreground and the sunlit mountain.

I'm really pleased with the image. Glad you enjoy it as well.

stunning work