I've been a coming here for a few weeks now and I had to comment how impressed I am with the fine bunch of folks on this forum. Everyone is very helpful, no wise asses, everyone seems to be for one reason, a love of large format photography. How refreshing.

Unfortunately, my shooting days are over. At age 72, I now spend much of my time as a care giver for my special needs son which keeps me close to home and out of the darkroom. That's why you may have seen several posts by me seeking advice on selling gear.

I had some great days while active. I had the privilage of photographing with Ansel Adams in the Sierra, of working in the darkroom with John Sexton and many solo photo trips to such places as Grand Teton, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Death Valley, New Mexico and the Pacific Northwest. Of course, every negative I shot, I now wish had been better.

What I have learned from the folks on this forum is that there is still a major future for me in photography using the Epson 4990 to scan some of the hundreds of Hasselblad, 4X5 and 8X10 negatives I never got around to printing and use Photoshop to complete them. Hopefully, my Canon i9900 printer will work well with the new fiber type papers being introduced.

Again, thanks for being here. I intend to be an active participant.