Thread: Dominic Rouse

Dominic Rouse

Hearty greetings to you all from SE Asia ( Thai-Laos border)

I am an English photographer newly ensconced in the back of beyond and loving it.

Although I shoot mainly on 6x6 colour transparency I write my finished files to 4x5 and/or 10x8 BW negative material so I hope I qualify for membership of this select group?

My website is www.dominicrouse.com and (I hope you will excuse a momentary blast on my own trumpet) I have the cover and inside spread of the current issue of Silvershotz.

Warmest

Dominic

Re: Dominic Rouse

Welcome Dominic! What an exotic location you've landed in--should offer lots of interesting visual opps.

Congrats on the cover shot. Nice going!

BTW, how do you go about writing to 10x8 neg material? Sounds interesting.
    Michael

Dominic, I am well aware of your work, that I admire.
    I don't remember where I have seen it, but the images got stuck in my mind.
    B/W magazine? I wish I'd remember...
    I am glad you joined this forum,
    you will find useful inmfo.
    Domenico

Quote Originally Posted by digidom View Post
    Hearty greetings to you all from SE Asia ( Thai-Laos border)

I am an English photographer newly ensconced in the back of beyond and loving it.

Although I shoot mainly on 6x6 colour transparency I write my finished files to 4x5 and/or 10x8 BW negative material so I hope I qualify for membership of this select group?

My website is www.dominicrouse.com and (I hope you will excuse a momentary blast on my own trumpet) I have the cover and inside spread of the current issue of Silvershotz.

Warmest

Dominic

Hi Michael,

writing to neg (or indeed any light sensitive material) is pretty straightforward. Essentially it's the reverse of the scanning process. You tape a piece of film to a drum and you write your file to it and proceed as normal. Most professional labs should be able to offer this service.

best,

Dominic

Are you sure you weren't Magritte or Dali in a past life, Dominic ? Truly creative and unique work - like photographing your dreams. Welcome aboard.

Welcome from Vancouver in the Canadian Rockies, Dominic; impressive portfolio.Cheers