Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Razzle 900

Re: Razzle 900

Quote Originally Posted by fuegocito View Post
    Hi Dean,
    I can't believe you still have the patient/time to sit through all that muck, that's way too much fun, or pain for any one person...
    There's a fine line between pleasure and pain

The Razzle worked fine in a studio setting (at college). Unfortunately the flash meter was set wrong so all my shots were underexposed by a fair few stops. What I dragged from the almost-clear negs was a sharp image, so all good in the way of the camera.

I need a remote flash trigger thing though, using a long flash sync cable is a bugger.

Hi Ash.
    I have both types, we import them at the store. For firing strobes you can use this one,
    Item number is: 170158382511 It has 6.3mm phone jack plugs on the receivers.
    For firing a standard hot shoe flash Item number is: 250176089689
    I have found that some dedicated DSLR flashes won't trigger as I think the terminals may short out? Most flashes will work OK....any single pin flash is all you need, preferably get one with switchable output.
    I use a Sunpak 5000AF inside my Flashball and it works really well, I can go blindingly powerful at full bore or switch it right down to 1/64th for a little fill.
    The added test fire button on the transmitter is great...you just know it's gonna fire when you need it!
    Don't forget the shutter sync's at all speeds and set it to X

Hi Dean. I'm still trying to find the X on the Copal shutter!! I was going to ask whether it sync's at all speeds

Any leaf shutter syncs at all speeds, with very few exceptions (i.e., with the most powerful studio lights that might have strobe durations longer than the shortest leaf shutter speeds). Modern Copal shutters are X-sync only.

Thanks David, as I'd hoped

Bid Farewell

It is with much sorrow to learn that I am to be banned from making future postings.....I figure all those who have shared in Ash's excitement will know exactly why

Cheers to all, Dean Jones.

Dean, are you sure you are banned entirely, or just banned from making comments on the "other" brand?

Re: Bid Farewell

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Jones View Post
    It is with much sorrow to learn that I am to be banned from making future postings.....I figure all those who have shared in Ash's excitement will know exactly why

Cheers to all, Dean Jones.
    [QUOTE=Asher Kelman;282831]Well Dean,

We all should be scrupulously careful to avoid refering to matters that have negative energy. It just sucks the positive from creative work!! So there! I'm sure you will be able to work something out if you can steer better!

To RF possiblities: I wonder whether one could fix my Cooke PS 945 on some great rangefinder with a customized perfect focus cam but have my lens removable!

For now I'm getting a Shen-Hao. Still, it would be great to have a magic rangefinder to match the quality of the lens.

You know where to find me!

Ciao!

Re: Bid Farewell

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
    To RF possiblities: I wonder whether one could fix my Cooke PS 945 on some great rangefinder with a customized perfect focus cam but have my lens removable!
    The ideal focus position with a soft focus lens is a subjective matter and can vary with aperture, subject distance, the quality of the light, and the photographer's aesthetic sense. You really need to see the groundglass to know what it's doing. Of course one could design a rangefinder cam for a soft focus lens that would focus at a fixed position for any given subject distance, but the focus would be arbitrary in some sense. That's why Linhof doesn't cam Imagons.

Somewhere around here there's a good thread on focusing soft focus lenses. Someone found an article from the age of soft focus lenses where several photographers were invited to focus the same scene with the same lens and mark the focus position on the camera bed, and there was over an inch of spread between the nearest and farthest subjective focus position.