Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacing Linhof Tech IV bellows

Replacing Linhof Tech IV bellows

All,

Assuming that I am able to obtain a replacement bellows, what is involved in replacing bellows on Linhof Tech IV 4x5 camera. I really don't know much about these cameras except what I have read on cameraquest.com.

Also, what is a fair price of 4x5 tech iv that needs a new bellows?

Thanx,

Anil Bharucha
    Anil Bharucha

Re: Replacing Linhof Tech IV bellows

You might be able to find a price for a Tech IV in the completed sales section of ebay. You can also see if dealers who sell a lot of large format stuff have any listed (e.g. Midwest Photo Exchange, Lens and Repro, Quality Camera, KenMar Camera, etc.). My guess is that Tech IVs in excellent condition without a lens and that don't need a new bellows would sell for about $1200 give or take a hundred or so but that's just a guess, I haven't looked lately. I'd then subtract about $150 - $200 for a new bellows unless you plan to have Marflex install one for you, in which case subtract $300.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

$350 I bet, but sometimes it is less if you do additional work perhaps?

You can also adapt a Crown Graphic bellows yourself, although it will be shorter (12" max I think), they are indestructable and cheap.

I've had mine replaced twice. I got a new bellows from Midwest Camera Exchange. My regular repairman, who's been at it for 30+ years, said that it was a little tricky to do.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Call/email Camera Bellows in England. I beleive it was Victoria I emailed with.

They usually have bellows for Tech IV in stock and they were able to airmail one to me in less than a week. 2 years ago the price was about $200 if I remember right. Very nicely made. Installation was simply unscrewing the clips on the front and rear standards, pulling the old bellows off the gluey stuff holding the bellows in, and then reassembling it all back.

[QUOTE=Vick Ko;281333]Read here: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...structions.pdf

These are very nicely done instructions. You should be able to do the installation yourself with this info. Just make sure you have some good screwdrivers to remove the screws as they may be a little tight being 40+ years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    Call/email Camera Bellows in England. I beleive it was Victoria I emailed with.

They usually have bellows for Tech IV in stock and they were able to airmail one to me in less than a week. 2 years ago the price was about $200 if I remember right. Very nicely made. Installation was simply unscrewing the clips on the front and rear standards, pulling the old bellows off the gluey stuff holding the bellows in, and then reassembling it all back.
    I believe that they supply the original bellows to Linhof.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Hello, I bought the bellows of my Linhof in ebay one week ago, to a store of China by USD 60, I did not even receive it so we will see, I read in this forum that somebody bought it and that was good, so I decided arriesgarme.Antes I requested quotation to Linhof and leaves 170 euros, but I was like a month without answer and to the other day that I bought it in ebay they gave the price me from Alemania.Despues that receives comment as it were to me.
    www.ninograngetto.com.ar

received the bellows by mail, lack to try the change, my experience... in the next one I capitulate. Greetings

www.ninograngetto.com.ar