Thread: Shen Hao TZ45IIA and Schneider 90mm lens

Lucian Marin

Shen Hao TZ45IIA and Schneider 90mm lens

I am just starting with LF and got these 2 items, however i cant really focus the lens good enough even with the bellows completely retracted. Am i doing something wrong, or am i supposed to get a recessed lensboard?

If so, exactly which kind of lens board should i be looking for?
    Thanks!

Director @ Images Argentiques sultanofcognac's Avatar

Re: Shen Hao TZ45IIA and Schneider 90mm lens

Lucian - I have the same camera and also have the 90 mm angulon lens. I don't have a problem focusing with the lens on that camera. You may want to get a bag bellows though - that will help trememdously.

I will be coming to Cluj-Napoka again in the Autumn to visit an old friend (who is not a photographer). If you'd like to shoot together I'd love to have another LF person to troddle around with for a day. Your country is so beautiful!

Cheers,

Johnny
    Are we truly creative, or simply too lethargic to become pedestrian?

The Shen Hao web site, which is in Chinese, shows the 45TZIIA as having a minimum bellows draw of 110mm. If that's correct (and my Chinese is a little weak) it would be impossible to focus a 90mm lens without a bag bellows or possibly a recessed lens board. http://www.shen-hao.com/TZ45IIA.html But then sultanofcognac (where do people come up with these names, is there some problem with using a real name?) says he has no problem with the same model so who knows. Maybe the web site is wrong.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Lucian Marin

Thanks, i figured it out. It is pretty obvious once you get used to the camera movements.

Johnny: if you do come to Romania, PM me a week ahead, and we'll do a trip together, i know a lot of good places to shoot.