Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 4x5 view camera with 35mm DSLR

Re: 4x5 view camera with 35mm DSLR

The link above for the camera fusion does exactly that Nicolas. Only problem seems to be that you can't use wider than a 135mm and that only with a crop camera (i.e. widest is a 200mm in 35mm terms, not good).

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas G. View Post
    I now need the exact distance between sensor and mount on EOS (seems 44mm but I need precision).
    I will also have to find a way to rotate the lens mount on the rear standard to shoot hor/vertically, but shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    So, back to the original question : which lenses should I get ?
    Any lens longer than the 44mmm of your canon plus the minimum length of your bellows (give or take a few mm).
    And what are differences between copal 0, copal 1, etc ?
    Without going into detail: the size of the hole in your lensboard and the lens it will fit on.
    And what does exactly a recessed plate ? It put the lens forward to be able to slide the front standard closer to the rear standard ?
    No, just the other way around. Brings the lens closer to the filmplane (and have some movement of the bellows left).

thanks for all these clarifications :-)

Another things I don't understand :
    This lens is said with copal1 shuter, but where is the shuter ?? Is it an automatic shuter ?

Nicolas

I don't see a shutter either. Maybe it's a lens of an enlarger or a reproductioncamera that doesn't need a shutter. Or the lens of a digital back, that also doesn't need a shutter.

Maybe the copal number only refers to the size of the hole in the lensboard.
    Last edited by seepaert; 3-Oct-2007 at 07:15.

It uses the Sinar automatic system, I'm afraid I know nothing about it but the shutter, aperture and cocking are operated by some kind of remote control.

Here it is another one like this :
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=008

Would it be indeed a remote shutter, with a cable fixed on the rear standard ?

Nicolas

Ted Harris has used the Camera Fusion albeit at less than its supposed capability (they say you can get a further 10 frames more than he did, maybe a new model?). That was July or so and he promised more info about now, would be interesting to know if he if he has any more to tell us, I know the moderator of OPF is expecting his new version for review in the post yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben R View Post
    Ted Harris has used the Camera Fusion albeit at less than its supposed capability (they say you can get a further 10 frames more than he did, maybe a new model?). That was July or so and he promised more info about now, would be interesting to know if he if he has any more to tell us, I know the moderator of OPF is expecting his new version for review in the post yesterday...
    Hi,

Thanks for the plug, Ben!

I have tested thec orginal version and made suggestions back to CameraFusion and the updated version is expected any moment! Tracking says it has left Canada on September 29th, LOL! I wonder why it takes so long! I'm really looking forward to seeing the new version! My tests have been limited to the Canon 5D.

Once I receive it I'll have a review out in fairly short time.

Asher