Thread: VC filters for Durst 138

VC filters for Durst 138

Any suggestions about how to use VC (Ilford) filters on a Durst 138. One way would be to cut down 6x6 filters, mask them and place them in front of the filter drawer. It would be a pain to install a new filter into the filter drawer every time you wanted to change the filter. What do others do? Thanks

Re: VC filters for Durst 138

Robby, i cut Kodaks 6x6 filters down to fit in the filter drawer, it is a little time consuming but it works fine for me.

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

I use Agfa CC filters. I bought a complete set on ebay, thinking to cut some of them down to fit in the filter drawer - then discovered they were already a perfect fit.

I had glass cut to 4 inches square and sandwiched the filters in the glass and then taped up all the sides. Lately I only use a blue 47b and a green 58 because I split print everything. I use the filter drawer just past the light source.

lee\c

Thanks for the replies. Just wanted to see if there was another way

There is a flip-in filter holder. For the R or L side of head where the filter drawer is.
    They were CP filters or PC filters. It sticks out to the side, was well made (heavy) and had a night-light for those frightened by the dark. The other filter drawer could handle glass sandwiched CP or PC filters about 4 " square. The stemmed, rotating filter holder under the lens could handle optical glass flats for separations, or CC filters.

I own a Laborator 1000 wich is a small enlarger of the same vintage (well small compared to the 138).
    The filter drawer is at the back, between the lamp house and the mirror. Really un-useable !
    I had luck finding a Kodak under the lens filter kit. The filter holder is fitted to the red filter rod protruding from the lens support. It can get either the Kodak or Ilford filters and is a joy to use ! Especially if you use more than one filter for a print.
    Just my 2¢ here !