Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Landscape Photograhers watch

Landscape Photograhers watch

Not for everyone, but interesting that such a thing exists:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...ries/yes.shtml

Re: Landscape Photograhers watch

But don't watch landscape photographers unless you enjoy seeing paint dry. HA!

Cool watch.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Abuser of God's Sunlight

gag!

i want my version to simultaneously show the times in yosemite, point lobos, and hernandez.

so what if they're all in the same time zone.

"Very often people looking at my pictures say, 'You must have had to wait a long time to get that cloud just right (or that shadow, or the light).' As a matter of fact, I almost never wait, that is, unless I can see that the thing will be right in a few minutes. But if I must wait an hour for the shadow to move, or the light to change, or the cow to graze in the other direction, then I put up my camera and go on, knowing that I am likely to find three subjects just as good in the same hour." -Edward Weston

"When subject matter is forced to fit into preconceived patterns, there can be no freshness of vision. Following rules of composition can only lead to a tedious repetition of pictorial cliches." -Edward Weston

Nuf, said...

$495!!!! I can get a GPS that does that for less and tells me where I am at the same time.

OK - the GPS will not fit on my wrist. But I do have a Casio Pathfinder watch http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi...ts/PAS400B-5V/ that tells me the phase of the moon and the time for sunrise and sunset. Street price of $40.

I haven't even bothered to replace the battery for my watch yet, and the battery when flat several months ago. I have a kitchen timer in my camera pack for those multi-second exposures.

Vaughn

Edited to add...I find paying attention to the moon whenever I am out is sufficient.

Since the introduction of the cell phone, a watch has been a piece of jewellery.

What's wrong with a piece of jewellery that has these functions? It comes from a long tradition of watches, many of them with similar functions that are not exactly essential, and many of which cost a lot more money. It isn't hard to spend $20k for a watch that does these things. It's just a question, if you want to buy a piece of jewellery, of what quality you want. Interestingly, all this solar system stuff is part of a watch tradition that has particular appeal to men. Kind of like electic train sets. So it's kind of funny to see men dissing it.

Well, I don't own a cell phone either.

-V

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    $495!!!! I can get a GPS that does that for less and tells me where I am at the same time.
    you could leapfrog this product by introducing a landscape photographer's gps. for a few hundred extra bucks it would come loaded with coordinates of all the places you must photograph. you know, tenaya lake, monument valley, etc. etc.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    Since the introduction of the cell phone, a watch has been a piece of jewellery. ... What's wrong with a piece of jewellery that has these functions? It comes from a long tradition of watches, many of them with similar functions that are not exactly essential, and many of which cost a lot more money.
    i saw a wildly expensive, all-mechanical watch by breguet, that showed the cycles of the moon. they could calibrate one to show the status of the moon over hernandez.