Thread: Epson 10600 Banding and Print errors

Epson 10600 Banding and Print errors

cheers to all,
    I usually use Canon 6200 and 7250 Printers and find they print evenly and only exhibit banding if nozzles are blocked, or if the printhead has failed - ie nozzles have died, are not firing and are not cleanable. I note they use an ink ring to feed the ink from both directions while the print head is tracking.

So I was out of my depth when I bought an Epson 10600 - which feeds ink from one direction only to the printhead. The printer bands something shocking unless set on uni-directional printing and 1440 dpi + high detail. I have tried the platen settings at wide and narrow and std. They change the print slightly but the banding remains - unless I print unidirectionally, ie photo accelerator off, high detail on.

Also I find the 10600 alignment setup is difficult in that the alignment printout is difficult to read and by the time I have analysed the many patterns the machine has reset and I have to do it all again. The alignment pattern I notice is very dependant on the paper thickness setting - so that must be very correct before printing the alignment patterns. Also the time to determine and select the best pattern of each part of the alignment test print is too short.

Maybe this is why I am getting banding woes! Perhaps the alignment is out. certainly all nozzles are firing perfectly as there are no errors on the nozzle check.

The 1440 dpi prints are OK with every thing off except high detail - except for large areas of the same colour which the printer finds it impossible to retain a consistent colour. Instead it prints uneven colour in vague bands of about 2 -3 inches, like looking at sand dunes. The yellow seems to be inconsistent in its flow. How this could be possible in a bag crush ink system escapes me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I feel the 10600 should be able to print good canvas prints bidirectionally with no banding or colour change errors on either 720 or 1440 dpi.

cheers again Ken :-)

Re: Epson 10600 Banding and Print errors

Easy fix I have 4 10600 Just for canvas I print at 720 because these printers are turtles at 1440....You must set your paper feed adjustment on the printer from the console AT -70 thats max its also good to set it that way in your printer setting window as well it will print perfectly this way !! Peace and good luck Josh ! joshuaimages@mac.com

You will get more help if you post this at the epson wide format group.
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/EpsonWideFormat/
    Lots of people there using this machine.

W

10600 service manuel

anyone got it i have service manuel for 9600