To the group – researching this problem it sounds like if this group doesn't know that no one will – I posted a private query to one of you but that was only yesterday and since then I have had a chance to explore the thread further so – open season –

I have an Eversmart Pro II – refurb from Genesis – they have been helpful but stumped by this problem too – Kodak wants a maintenance contract to even begin discussion – that’s not too likely at this point

To whit – there is an issue of the stitched panels not matching in density – its only off by a little – much more of a problem with color negative than chromes though a light pastel sky sometimes displays the problem

I have recalibrated – dumped and reloaded tables – cleaned everything including the CCD all without solving the problem – it seems less apparent if the scanner is cold – and I am pursuing that further – at times it seemed I could avoid certain areas on the scanner but I am coming to feel its more dependent on the size of the film – ie medium format not such a problem

The G4 hangs often enough and has to have a hard reset and just recently corrupted the OS and had to go to the mac shop for a fixit – possibly the scitex software is corrupt? But everything else seems to work fine

I would suspect either a failing ccd or a software issue but that’s pretty broad –

Any thoughts / cures would be appreciated

On a separate issue noted one post red Canon !Ds M3 – have purchased one – yet to evaluate print output vs film – anyone interested feel free to stay in touch

Thanks in advance

Nye Simmons
Simmonsphotoarts.com