Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The revised ANSI exposure guide." Leslie Strobel

"The revised ANSI exposure guide." Leslie Strobel

Does anyone know how I can get a copy of "The revised ANSI exposure guide. (American National Standards Institute; photography exposure guide)" by Leslie Strobel?

Scott

Re: "The revised ANSI exposure guide." Leslie Strobel

Google it - the Brittanica has an excerpt.

C

I've googled the darn thing to death. I've found reviews and excerpts and if I go to the American National Standards Institute I can't find it on their site. There is a great review of the publication in the December 1990 issue of the Photographic Society of America (PSA) Journal.

Scott

Have you tried www.abebooks.com?

Ernest,

I've tried Abebooks and Amazon but no luck. The publication is not sold in book stores only directly through ANSI.

Have you tried http://www.document-center.com - they list a paper copy for $34.20

Best,
    Helen

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Bibliography for "The revised ANSI exposure guide - American National Standards Institute; photography exposure guide"
    Leslie Stroebel "The revised ANSI exposure guide - American National Standards Institute; photography exposure guide". PSA Journal. Dec 1990.
    FindArticles.com. 22 Sep. 2007. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...v56/ai_9233924

"The Photographic Exposure Guide is not available in photographic stores or book stores, but can be ordered from: American National Standards Institute, 1430 Broadway, New York, NY 10018. The price is $11."

Brian,

That quote is from an article written seventeen years ago. The publication is currently available from the ASTM document center, as linked to in my post above, and can be ordered online.

Best,
    Helen

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Yes, Helen, 1990 was 17 years ago... how time flies! The likelihood of getting any standard for $11 is quit slim these days. I was not contrdicting anything you said, simply pointing to the interesting summary described in the OP's 2nd post.

Your source certainly appears to be a good one.

ANSI-PH2.7 is a good search term to quickly locate the document. (This has not been mentioned heretofore in this thread.)

EDIT: Another source (this is the standards clearinghouse I've used for quite a while):
    http://global.ihs.com/doc_detail.cfm...put_doc_title=
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 22-Sep-2007 at 10:28. Reason: Additional source of standards... just FYI, not implying that they are any better or worse than any previously mentioned.

Brian,

The source you mention has the useful advantage of offering a downloadable version - the ASTM only seem to offer a paper copy.

Thanks,
    Helen