Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new paltz-kingston get together

new paltz-kingston get together

hello everyone,
    i have been scanning the area for good locations not too far from the car (for alec) which have some good light, and a few interesting shots close to each other. i am thinking High Falls would be an excellent starting point. there is some old stone buildings, a lock system,a river, water falls and some interesting nature....all with in a 6-7 min walk. after that i have no plan. i iwll keep my eyes open. i was thinking maybe up on minnewaska. i think it is free to enter....mohank is nice but they have a pretty steep entrance fee (well, steep in my book. i forget everything is cheep for you city dwellers). new paltz will have some good ridge shots if the foliage is cooperating. several miles N in greene county offers some awesome landscapes. (and is close to hudson)

the only weekend that is bad for me is sept 28 weekend. i have a wedding to shoot.

keep me posted and remember my gallery show near hudson NY will be sept1-27, 2007!

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Re: new paltz-kingston get together

Eddie,

Where is your show? How near to Hudson? Keep me posted about the meet, I'd like to try and be there.

Paul

Any idea how far that is from Vermont? I might like to meet up with some of you guys.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Hudson is about 70 miles from Bennington. Kingston's about 25 miles south of Hudson.

Sounds like a great weekend trip. I'll try to behave if you'll let me come.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Scott Davis

I'll talk to the guys down here and see if they want to do another fall road-trip. Might be a bit less harrowing on the return trip since we can bypass the city and come up 83.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    Sounds like a great weekend trip. I'll try to behave if you'll let me come.
    if you behave you can not come! har har har!

my show is at the columbia greene county com. college in the blue hill gallery. i will have about 50 pieces. all film. many hand made B&W prints, and the rest wet process color prints. i got a pano of bryce canyon that is 82" long! come have a look. sept 1-27, 2007. opening sept 6 at 7pm

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

I grew up just south of New Paltz and it is a beautiful place. Wish I could make it.

Not sure if I missed this but has a date been set for the Kingston trip? Will anyone else be driving up from NYC?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ciccone View Post
    Not sure if I missed this but has a date been set for the Kingston trip? Will anyone else be driving up from NYC?

Don
    nope. no date yet. what is best for you? we need some one to make the first suggestion. alec and art are talking about driving up. the bus goes right past my house. it would be the 3rd stop out of NYC! not bad eh?

eddie

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery