Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirk Rösler's 'Merry House' Photobook

Dirk Rösler's 'Merry House' Photobook

I haven't seen any reference to this on here? but list member Dirk Rösler (he of the Megaperls site which makes weird Japanese photo stuff available) has a funky book he's put out.

Not LF, but cool anyway.

From the Online Photographer

and also http://www.unicircuits.com/?cat=13
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Re: Dirk Rösler's 'Merry House' Photobook

Hey, Tim--I have bought a lot of Velvia 5x7 from Dirk on this site, and I guess my wife would agree that it's "weird Japanese stuff," but I've tried to persuade her otherwise.

So is it cool because it has ordinary pictures....figures you would say that.....

WOW...these remind me of an art class assignment in college where we had to sling our cameras over our shoulders and randomly press the shutter without looking at the subject. Some really cool images came out of doing this.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Japan Exposures

Hey, thanks for mentioning Tim and for looking all others. Yes, it's me and my 'first book'. Wouldn't have thought it gets that much attention, but who am I to complain.

Next one will be a large format book, hopefully. Working on it at the moment. As it stands now it will not feature grand landscapes in fine LF detail and extended tonality.

Interesting to hear the attribute 'ordinary pictures'. What makes you say that? Have you been to Japan to be able to judge or is it because I said so myself in the text? Also, why associate the pics with randomness? These are all carefully composed, actually. Just curious what makes people say that. It's all just a game, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Gasteazoro View Post
    Funny, I can stay away from your threads, you can't seem to stay away from mine....haven't you learned by now that what you think, your opinon or what you deem as your eciclopedic knowledge of photography and all things under the universe is one of the million things I don't give a shit about?.....
    So is it cool because it has ordinary pictures....figures you would say that.....
    Ha ha ha - apparently you can't and you do...
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by tim atherton View Post
    Ha ha ha - apparently you can't and you do...
    tit for tat....moron..

Japan Exposures

Hey Jorge, you better lighten up a little bit. Just checking your site, I see journal entries called "Soulless photography", "Mediocrity, the goal of digital photgraphy" and "Photoshop, the death of photography as we knew it".

How about thinking about something positive once in a while? Makes life more fun, y'know

tit for tat....moron..
    ahh - that's so adult of you

Quote Originally Posted by tim atherton View Post
    ahh - that's so adult of you
    glad you think so...