Thread: Durst 10x10 enlarger alignment

Cool Durst 10x10 enlarger alignment

I have the Durst L184 and am about to get an alignment problem settled. Jensen tells me to drill and thread the support for the base with adjusting screws. Anybody done this? I am inclined to go metal shims for the moment.

Thanks,

Re: Durst 10x10 enlarger alignment

The 138 and 139 that have the heavy base like yours come with wheels that would ride on a floor rail that are raised or lowered by just such a threaded screw with a 3" palm knob. Do you have the manual so you can see?

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless Winddancing View Post
    The 138 and 139 that have the heavy base like yours come with wheels that would ride on a floor rail that are raised or lowered by just such a threaded screw with a 3" palm knob. Do you have the manual so you can see?
    The L184 has the same system. All 4 corners of the base adjust--usually there are 3 knobs and 1 set screw.

If you mean the base board, it should have 4 adjusters. Release the lock bolts holding the base board and adjust the threaded adjusters, then retighten the lock bolts.

If you mean the lens board, you must either purchase Jensen’s Prodap adapter and small Prola lens boards, or drill and tap the stock Vapla lens boards.

Jensen has a manual for the L184 on his website.

Cool Re: Durst 10x10 enlarger alignment

I think the baseboard mounts are long gone. The leveling screws on the base will level the main part, but the thing that needs aligning is the base board. I will see about screws, meantime I will shim to get by.

Thanks for all the answers

The baseboard adjusting screws are simple metric machine screws that fit in threaded holes in the horizontal chassis mount. If they are missing, get some replacements at the local hardware store. Loosen whatever screws are presently holding the baseboard, then adjust the level with these adjusting screws, and then re-clamp the baseboard tightly to the chassis. You should not need to drill/tap any other holes.

Cool Re: Durst 10x10 enlarger alignment

Thanks Eric- I will do just that.