Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: So the brown truck passed by today....

Re: So the brown truck passed by today....

I've probably missed it somewhere, but google turned up nothing, so here goes:

Chamonix doesn't happen to have a website or other official informational outlet do they? I'd really love to see a listing of all their products.

Captain,

We are working on our English website. I will make an anouncement when it is up and running with tons of pictures.

Chamonix is hot among Chinese LF photographers. Here are two links to their threads..

http://forum.xitek.com/showthread.php?threadid=317013

http://forum.xitek.com/showthread.php?threadid=441511

Sorry they are in Chinese. But there are some pictures there.

045N-1
    weight 1380g(maple)1410g(walnut)
    bellow draw 45~395mm
    rear swing 20°
    front rise up 45mm down 30mm front shift +/-40mm

Other model
    058 horizontal only
    810c

There are data for other models, all in Chinese. Hugo, are you working on English website? there are more data at bbs.chamonixcamera.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    "All Chamonix cameras under 8x10 are sold out. There is a six months waiting from the time of order."

Just got some good news from the good folks at Chamonix: Those on my waiting list for this 4x5 camera will cut their waiting time to 100 days! A few people have expressed the wish to receive this as a Christmas gifts and the factory has listened.

Those on my lists for Chamonix 45N please send your shipping address with phone number, your choice of wood and metal to hugoz_2000@yahoo.com

The factory has also negotiated a 20% shipping discount from EMS because they are going to ship so much cameras in a day. The shipping will be $75.

Hold thy purse, I don't need your deposit.
    which means I have to wait longer for the accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Amund BLix Aaeng View Post

Yes, I know Chamonix is the "brand-not-to-be-mentioned-" here on LFF, but it`s just so good that I couldn`t help it....

I'm new here and I am wondering why is Chamonix the "brand-not-to-be-mentioned"? Now, if this question is going to open a huge "can of worms" and make some people here mad then please forgive me for asking. I promise I'm not trying to start anything. It's just an innocent question. I'm in the final research mode of purchasing my first 4x5 for landscape and I would just like to check out all the options with different manufacturers. I've heard of the Chamonix but I do not know much about it. At $699 it's priced in the same range as a camera that I really like, the Tachihara and the Chamonix is also similar in weight. Your Chamonix looks beautiful. Congratulations.

Clint

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Hill View Post
    I'm new here and I am wondering why is Chamonix the "brand-not-to-be-mentioned"? Now, if this question is going to open a huge "can of worms" and make some people here mad then please forgive me for asking. I promise I'm not trying to start anything. It's just an innocent question. I'm in the final research mode of purchasing my first 4x5 for landscape and I would just like to check out all the options with different manufacturers. I've heard of the Chamonix but I do not know much about it. At $699 it's priced in the same range as a camera that I really like, the Tachihara and the Chamonix is also similar in weight. Your Chamonix looks beautiful. Congratulations.

Clint

Do a search on "Chamonix" and you will find out.....

The Tachi is a nice camera, but no match for the Chamonix, wich is sturdier, has more bellows extention and better build IMO...
    Amund

Here's one of the relevant threads--

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=24171

I am just wondering where are those ppl who were really mad at Chamonix back in March?

Thanks David for the thread reference. I also did a search on Chamonix. Wow, very interesting reading. It seams that the Chamonix is a very well made camera that is very well suited for landscape photography at a competitive price. I'm not real sure on the "buisness" side of the product though. That appears to be where the discrepancies and uncertainties lie. Of course, this is all just from what I have gathered on my own. I could be way off and totaly wrong...I have been wrong before once or twice

I'm still very interested. I was about to go ahead with a Tachi but will put that purchase on hold for the time being until I'm able to find out more on the Chamonix.

Great, just what I needed, another decision!