Folks,

I'm leading a small private workshop on combination gum bichromate and PT/PD printing at the end of September in Connecticut. The group is limited to four people, and we have room for one more person.

The workshop will run from Friday morning through to about noon on Sunday. Since the group is small, the time in the darkroom will be somewhat determined by the lasting power of the people, but I would expect at least 10 hours on each of Friday and Saturday, and another 4 or so on Sunday. Maybe longer depending on how long people can last.

We will cover the basics of making a good pt/pd print as the base for gum layers, and then gum printing in the way that I do it, which is as a vehicle for more creative control of the image in terms of color and density.

We will talk about digital negatives a bit, but I don't think we will be getting too in-depth into that in this workshop (not really enough time). It may be possible to do a little with that depending on the group. I will probably be using digital negatives for the workshop to avoid exposing my originals to potential damage in a workshop environment.

This will be a hands-on workshop. With the small group size, there will be ample opportunity for everyone to get time coating, exposing, and developing, etc. Come prepared to do some printing.

The cost for the three days is $300. I can get information on places to stay in the area, and other travel questions if anyone is interested.

There's a little more information on the private workshops here:

http://www.mutmansky.com/workshop_private.html

Please email or PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

---Michael