Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 287

Thread: How about a new color landscape thread?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,952

    How about a new color landscape thread?

    I'll kick this one off with a Velvia sunset shot.

    Don Bryant

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    3,835

    Re: How about a new color landscape thread?

    Wehman with splitter board, 8x10 E100vs, 305 G claron.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: How about a new color landscape thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    I'll kick this one off with a Velvia sunset shot.

    Don Bryant
    Great image Don. Do you mind if I ask where it was taken?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,952

    Re: How about a new color landscape thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Great image Don. Do you mind if I ask where it was taken?
    Hi Robert,

    This one was made on Jeckyl Is., Ga. Now that I have a new 4990 scanner I plan to wet scan the trannie and pull out more detail in the shadow areas at the bottom of the scene; detail is there though you can't see it in this version. This version is a composite of two scans, a highlight scan and a shadow scan, recombined with Photomatix Pro. BTW, there was no Tone Mapping or other PS manipulations, the color saturation is in the trannie.

    Shot with a 90mm f/8 SA with a #2 Sign-Ray soft grad. I don't recall the exposure but it was several seconds or more. This was the last shot of the day and the light was going fast. With the f/8, the focusing screen was so dark I could barely focus.

    Don

  5. #5
    Sheldon N's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    606

    Re: How about a new color landscape thread?

    Rodenstock 150mm APO Sironar-S, wide open & polarized, lots of swing. Taken near the Dalles, Oregon.


  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: How about a new color landscape thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    Hi Robert,

    This one was made on Jeckyl Is., Ga. Now that I have a new 4990 scanner I plan to wet scan the trannie and pull out more detail in the shadow areas at the bottom of the scene; detail is there though you can't see it in this version. This version is a composite of two scans, a highlight scan and a shadow scan, recombined with Photomatix Pro. BTW, there was no Tone Mapping or other PS manipulations, the color saturation is in the trannie.

    Shot with a 90mm f/8 SA with a #2 Sign-Ray soft grad. I don't recall the exposure but it was several seconds or more. This was the last shot of the day and the light was going fast. With the f/8, the focusing screen was so dark I could barely focus.

    Don
    That's a gorgeous image. I've thought about doing a double scan, but it does make sense; my 35mm scanner has that capability built in. I love the way you captured the highlights on the sand. I think that is my favorite part of the image. Thanks for sharing.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    902

    Re: How about a new color landscape thread?

    311mm Cooke XVa lens, Lee 3-stop ND grad, 8x10 Provia 100F (cropped), drum scan by WCI.

  8. #8
    Doug Dolde
    Guest

    Re: How about a new color landscape thread?

    Between a Rock and a Hard Place (or cat in a vise )

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Olympia, Washington
    Posts
    258

    Re: How about a new color landscape thread?

    At Toleak Point on the Washington Coast.

    Attachment 5356

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    328

    Re: How about a new color landscape thread?

    The tree is north of Ocotlan, Oaxaca, less than an hour south of the city, and the horse is near Xico, Veracruz. These are rough, completely uncorrected scans, so apologies for the messiness!

Similar Threads

  1. on 400-500mm lens again (filter thread question)
    By Janko Belaj in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2-Dec-2006, 16:32
  2. RSS by thread
    By Mik Wenger in forum Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-May-2006, 16:20
  3. Joel's Thread Temporarily Removed from View
    By neil poulsen in forum Feedback
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 7-Jan-2006, 11:12
  4. EL-Nikkor 150 Thread Conversion & Mounting
    By Patrick Thrush in forum Darkroom: Equipment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-Jul-2005, 07:25

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •