Thread: Toyo Pro Pan II 3 way tripod head

Beverly Hills, California

Toyo Pro Pan II 3 way tripod head

Anyone with experience using the Toyo View 3 way pan-tilt tripod head? It seems desirable for Toyo 45C and 45AII users such as myself: It appears possible to s ecure the tripod head to the Toyo monorail mounting block by an accesory mountin g plate via pin registers (to prevent any torqueing and twisting). I also assume it is well machined, being from Toyo.

I haven't seen it in person, and it's too expensive to order without looking in to first. Aprreciate any comments from experienced users. Other head consideri ng is the Arca B2 Andre

it is a very strong and well made head (approaching sinar pan quality) and a good choice, but i would only use it with toyos. the only problem i have with it is the protruding handle on the right side. it would be nicer if it had lever switches for both axes. i haven't used the arca b2 but it is much more expensive and can be hard to find (i haven't seen a new one in a long time).

I've been using a Arca B2 for a couple of years now, and find it excellent in all respects. It's a very precise, easy to use tripod head which does exactly what I want - independent control of the different axes. It's nice having pan/tilt function without the handles sticking out. It's carrying capacity is well beyond my needs, but at somewhere around 3 1/2 lbs it's weight and size competitive with much less capable competitors. I've also heard that they can be difficult to find.

I have used both heads, but not with the Toyo cameras. The B2 is a superior head. It has absolutely no creep, probably because the rotation points are directly centered and not offset. On the other hand it isn't light.

I have used both heads, but not with the Toyo cameras. The B2 is a superior head. It has absolutely no creep, probably because the both tilt rotation points are directly centered and not offset as with most pan tilt heads. It also is easy to travel with as it has no protruding handles. On the other hand it isn't light.

You might also consider a used Sinar pan tilt head or a Linhof three way head. Both are very strong.