Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Microtek M1 Scanner

Re: Microtek M1 Scanner

Here is the latest:

1) They now have production units in house and are testing the English versions of the software,

2) A few hundred are expected to arrive in the next few weeks and be available in stores soon thereafter.

Ted, are they getting you a test unit? Did he know price?

Yes to the test unit and we didn't discuss price. There will be a public announcement coming.

..can I assume that this scanner will be in a similar league to the Epson V750 and not any better, but just x2 in price?..

...I know I should wait until the damn thing is released but I need a new scanner NOW!..(anyobody want to sell me their Imacon? )

I've now hung off for a year waiting for this scanner - it better be good! But there have been so many false dawns on its release, that I'm beginning to think its a myth.

Sung, your assumption taht it will be in the same league as the V750 is likely correct. I don't know where you go the idea that it would cost twice as much as the 750, my expectation is that it will be priced very similarly to the 750.

Anthony, can't see why you have waited so long but since you have waited this long might as well wait a few more weeks. It is now really here.

I just got an Epson 4990. At 2400 ppi, it's almost as sharp as my Microtek 2500F at 2500 ppi, but is much much smaller, lighter, faster, and quieter. It doesn't get locked up after a few scans, and it doesn't produce grey lines on my scans.

The Epson also seems to perform the same on R, G, and B channels, unlike the Microtek, which was clearly best on the Green channel only.

Once I get my variable height holder, I presume it will match the 2500f - at a fraction of the price.

[QUOTE Ted Harris;279147]Sung, your assumption taht it will be in the same league as the V750 is likely correct. I don't know where you go the idea that it would cost twice as much as the 750, my expectation is that it will be priced very similarly to the 750.QUOTE]

Hi Ted,

If you are correct re: pricing, then it may be cheaper for me to buy in the US, even with shipping costs added.

Here in Australia, it has been quoted at $1750 Ozzie dollars, in comparison to $750 for the Epson. So I was at least hoping for some improvement in scanning quality over the Epson for the price difference.

Would you know the likely cost in the US?

No matter who is to blame the bottom line is we' are going have to wait no matter what we want:
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

Hi Sung,

Microtek's previous announcements for the Artixscan M1 listed the MSRP at $699 USD. Of course, that was over a year ago! I haven't seen any price statement lately.