Thread: Advanced Photographers Group in North Carolina

Advanced Photographers Group in North Carolina

We are putting together a small group of Advanced (Master?) photographers in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area.

All members must be juried in. The jurier is not a member of the group and will hopefully be objective. So far four photographers have been juried in. There are 6-7 slots still open.

I'm looking for LF's and film types to balance out the decided digital slant of the membership. I've just purchased a 24 inch printer to do 4x5 color work. I also do darkroom B&W. Any process is included, like Pt, carbo, dye transfer. The only restriction is that work must represent "Naturalist Photography". This is the PC term for no digital art work.

E-mail genecrumpler@bellsouth.net

Re: Advanced Photographers Group in North Carolina

I have a similar group on the other side of the country, but without any digital workers. This is the second time I have had such a group in the last 30-40 years. I suggest you start with a larger group as groups which are too small seem to wither on the vine too quickly. My current group began with 12 hand picked former students. The size has now doubled and feels about right.

Re: Advanced Photographers Group in North Carolina

Well so far we have about five. These people have be juried in by a well kown local photographer /teacher. It looks like that these people are very advanced, with may exhibits, awards, etc. I personally have been doing B&W for 50+ years.

The jurier has turned away several people who don't fit the Advanced (Master) definition. We are being very picky! The group just today decided to turn down an experienced photographer because of questions about personality.