Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new fine arts site launched

Re: new fine arts site launched

Long time since I was in school, but I think 'ennui' means 'boredom'.
    Just saying . . .

Horrible slow!!
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

glad to see he came back to visit.

Nice but I'd lose the music. Is it really necessary? I don't want the music to make me feel something. The pictures should do that...it's all about pictures, right?
    On another note, I guess I could turn the audio off on my computer...

Alex,

Your site got my attention because you are obviously a talented photographer with a broad range and a good eye. I love the name "distil ennui" and the way that elements of the site - the photographs, the music, the graphics and the artist statement - elaborate on the theme. That said, and this is a matter of taste, I think that your artist statement is a bit on the heavy side.

I have the sense that the pace at which the photographs load may be at least in part deliberate. Deliberate or not, I think that you should speed up the loading to appease the kind of impatience you are seeing in responses here.

I like the link in your client portfolio to information on the photographs, the client and advertising agency. However, when I went from your client portfolio to another portfolio, and then returned, the "info" link was missing. I got it back by closing the site and re-opening it. A small technical glitch that you may want to fix. This problem may or may not be connected to the fact that I was using Opera rather than Internet Explorer as a browser. Also, in your series of photographs of Palazzo Versace, the info link does not work. I was able to get to the site directly by going to either www.palazzoversace.com or www.palazzoversace.com.au, but not via your site. As an aside, I think that it is amusing that Donatella Versace, who I don't think needs any lessons in design, uses some of the web techniques that are criticized in this thread

I think that the client portfolio adds a lot to the site, partly due to the quality of the work and partly because you have a solid client list. By the way, I love the phrase "working water" as the title for a series of photographs in your "Space" portfolio.

I'm going to be doing a project in Australia/New Zealand this year, during your summer or fall, for which I'm going to need to engage a photographer. I was impressed enough that I may get in touch with you as the project draws nearer. On that question, I note that your site does not say where in Australia you are based. Unless I missed it, it might be an idea to add that information.

Cheers
    Last edited by r.e.; 6-Jul-2007 at 08:51.