Thread: Quickload questions on storage and carrying.

Quickload questions on storage and carrying.

Hi,

Have just received my first box of quickloads having previousely used double darkslides.
    Its fuji film (new velivia 50) so comes in the main box with the sealed silver pouch inside that contains the individual quickloads.

In terms of handling:

Once the silver pouch containing the sheets has been opened I know this can then be returned to the fridge with quickloads still inside it, but...
    Is it best in box and plastic sealed container or is box and a ziplock style bag ok?
    I used to ahve my boxes of sheet film in hard plastic boxes but these ql boxes are a touch larger!

In the field the main box is of course pretty bulky.
    Has anyone found any better means of taking the film on location..either in or out of the silver pouch...that still gives it protection but with less bulk.

Thanks.

Re: Quickload questions on storage and carrying.

Quickload are really quite sturdy; the film is totally sealed in its sleeve. I just put the foil packet in a pouch in my bag.

I am too am using Fuji Quickloads. I am using something like THIS. If you go to office max, they have one that is a perfect fit for the QL film. Each sheet has it's on space and it can hold 13 sheets.

Then I put this folder and the holder into a hip pack.

I simply use a sealing freezer bag around the foil envelope. That works well in the fridge or in my large format bag. The boxes are bulky, though you can put the foil envelope and freezer bag back into them for placing in the fridge.

One solution is that my large format bag has a computer slot. This area works nicely for holding Quickloads/Readyloads. These packet systems are very sturdy, and as long as they are reasonably flat, will remain undamaged and unbent.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio
    Last edited by Gordon Moat; 25-Jun-2007 at 12:05. Reason: grammar

I don't bother with the fridge at all but stick everything in the freezer in the basement. I take it out a few hrs before use. Just stick the unused quickloads back in the foil packet in the box and don't worry about it. Exposed film will stay inside the house without any beneifit of colder than room temp for up to a month before processing. This is also on slightly outdated film. I wouldn't have any room in my fridge either for the big quickload boxes.