Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Richard Avedon Flip Down Reading Glasses

Re: Richard Avedon Flip Down Reading Glasses

I was having the same issues and got a pair from my optomotrist. Spent a lot more for them than buying out of a catalog or at your local drug store. However, they were designed for my eyes. One bad thing with them is that they ride low on my lenses meaning that they won't work with bifocals. The glasses I use them with are non bifocals and are for distant viewing. I just flip them down when I need to view on the ground glass. I think mine are about a +4 magnification (focuses at around 7 - 8 inches away from the groundglass). Warning - if you wear these, make sure that you flip them up when you get out from behind the camera. Everything else is blurry with them and you might trip/fall if you try to walk with them down.

falth j

If you want to go first class...

Look at some of the dental supply distributors, some of them sell really nice flip-up eye pieces that dentist's use when they are prying out the gold from your teeth, or is it applying the gold to your teeth...

Anyway, those hummers are really first class, and you can get them in various strengths...

The price isn't bad either...

Once you've paid your dental bill, that is...

for dentists.

If anyone just wants inexpensive, clip-on, flip-up magnifying lenses, look in a fabric shop or sewing department for sewing glasses.

Appreciate the perspective. Being that my glasses are cheap to make (due to the tiny gears in the flip-up mechanism), I don't think I'm going to be able to make these glasses at an affordable price. But I'll keep you guys posted.

Re: Richard Avedon Flip Down Reading Glasses (NEW FLIP FRAMES UPDATE ON FACEBOOK)

Hi Guys!

As promised, I have some new information regarding Flip Frames. I cut up short video of my father (creator) explaining why he created Flip Frames in addition to some new pics and vids.

You can check them out at facebook.com/flipframes

Our goal is to get as many people as possible to 'like' the product. The more 'likes' we get, the more confidence it gives us to move forward with this project.

Again, we would greatly appreciate your support, so please 'like' the page to help get the word out there about these amazing reading glasses. I'll keep you posted on the manufacturing process and future design styles.

Best,

Brian

P.S. We're now in the process of creating Flip Frames 'Goggles'. Can you imagine the convenience that would be bring to hard-working manufacturing professionals!

Hey Guys,

I've updated some new information regarding the flip up reading glasses my father and I created. Check it out at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rydiCMyt5IA

http://www.facebook.com/flipframes

Hope you like

Brian

The frames that you show have no corrective lens in place when flipped up. What I am looking for are frames that have your normal prescription lenses in place when flipped up, and then add additional close focus when in the down position. My former boss Ansel Adams used these, and frames such as this used to be available from opticians. They seem to be nearly impossible to find today.
    John Sexton

www.johnsexton.com

info(at)johnsexton.com

Quote Originally Posted by J_Tardiff View Post
    I'm actually about to try the Cabelas' flip downs because I always wear a ball cap while shooting.

HAH! Photo vests --- I was in B&H with my usual photography partner (16-yr-old daughter) and I wandered over to look at some vests after fighting off my Domke obsession for the 100th time. My girl calmly informed me that if I wore such a thing in public I had to find a new assistant.

Vain? Just a bit--- and it wasn't like I was going to make her wear it. Sheesh.

JT
    I have been on the verge of replacing the Domke shooting vest that I "outgrew". It's in such good condition, though 20 years old, that I couldn't part with it.

A miracle occurred! (Weight Watchers). My vest fits again! I shall wear it even if it offends the fashion police.

The folding readers interest me. The only way I manage to keep them handy is to buy sets of 3 or 5 pairs at Costco. I litter the house with them, and my equipment bags, and my Scott-E-Vest, and that's how I ensure that I have them handy.

So the reading glasses thread caught my eye...

DaveL

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wasserman View Post
    I bought my loupe from Mcmaster-Carr. Go to www.mcmaster.com and search for eyeglass loupes, they have several styles to choose from. I use their model number 1340T1 which is a 4x loupe that clips to my glasses-I like it a lot. It leaves my hands free and is always ready to use.
    These are crap, i only have a monocular. Reason: one must always correct position, at least the monocular. the real loupe is sitting right in front of the eyeglasses i have a double-loupe and its no plastic. size is not covering full glasses. advantage seeeing other distances without lifting.
    dont know at the moment where to get. around 20 euro. stamps-collectors-shop. must replace mine since mechanisme defective.
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Quote Originally Posted by John Sexton View Post
    The frames that you show have no corrective lens in place when flipped up. What I am looking for are frames that have your normal prescription lenses in place when flipped up, and then add additional close focus when in the down position. My former boss Ansel Adams used these, and frames such as this used to be available from opticians. They seem to be nearly impossible to find today.
    was in a german optician shop.he told it could be possible to make. must get new glasses anyway. plus the clipon one. Zeiss made huge investments in new technologies.Fielmann now also has Zeiss(antiblue glasses)
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch