Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Loading and Advancing Roll Film Back

Re: Help Loading and Advancing Roll Film Back

That's very hopeful Don. I know my second roll was loaded better, if not exactly right. I should perhaps see better spacing.
    I'll know tonight.

I just picked up some polaroid film for the other back that came with this XLSW. My first polaroids since my Dad's old camera.
    This is just SO dang much fun!
    I've got my gear, now what?

Photography Blog

Just got the second roll of film. Apparently it was all operator error.
    On this roll, I actually advanced too much before begining to shoot and there is a larger than normal film spacing as a result.
    So, thanks very much...problem solved. At least, I know what's wrong. Now I've got to get the hang of getting it right.

Thanks again.

Photography Blog

Cool!

And you can tell us, now, whether the XLSW covers the full 3x4 print or just a 6x9 cm portion...
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

Hey, that polaroid stuff is hard! These look like crap. I think my slow speeds may be slow because everything is overexposed. I'll check tomorrow in the sun at high shutter speeds.

In any case...seems like plenty of coverage for the 3x4 packfilm. No vignetting that I can see on these bad samples.
    When I have something I'm not actually ashamed of, I'll post it.

Photography Blog

Cool, there must be some optical trickery to correct the focus and get the lens to cover the larger film -- not that that's hard, since a Holgaroid does it...

Thing to keep in mind with Polaroid is that it has the latitude of slide film, not negative film -- 1/3 stop high or low is quite visible, and you can't just correct in printing as you would for much larger errors than that with, say, .EDU Ultra 100. Your slow speeds might well be fine, you may just need to adjust your meter setting to account for your own methods.
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

I take it back, the vignetting is completely out of control!

;-)

Seriously, I see what you mean about exposure lattitude. This is going to put a crimp in my sunny-16/seat of the pants sort of shooting style.
    I have a spot meter on the way. It almost makes me break out in hives, just thinking about using it, but I need to "grow in that direction."

Photography Blog