Hi Folks

It’s me again with crazy questions – well …. maybe there is some sense in this option.
I ran across Oerlikon while thinking about LEDs for an enlarger head, working in the general direction of less heat / cold light etc. It would appear that :-

Quote from Oerlikon.
Oerlikon Cold Light Reflectors

Cold Light Reflectors reflect light while passing infrared light through the reflector. Using optimized production methods, we uniformly coat a variety of reflector shapes from spherical to deep, aspherical reflectors. For Projection Display or Lighting applications, Oerlikon Cold Light Reflectors are the central component of an effective heat management system.

Has any body used these reflectors or been down this path and rejected the idea ? as it seems to me that we might get similar results to a normal cold light head by changing the reflector / s in enlargers such as Chromegas and Dursts, which in many ways might be simpler than changing the entire head ???

I guess that it might be that some bulbs / lamps are available with cold light reflectors, does any one know if this is so ??

Best Regards

Rob.