Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: No More JandC Photo

Re: No More JandC Photo

Michael, again thank you. I can certainly see that others have a much larger reason to complain than myself. I'm hopeful that this unfortunate public discussion I started will spur action, or at least make sure ULF film users at large are aware of the situation.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    ...John probably should not have retained deposits from anyone beyond the point where it was determined that it was unlikely that these sizes would be accomodated...
    "Deposits" is a bit understated. The orders were paid for in full.

I was told by someone via PM a while ago that J&C received orders which, when combined, represented a bit more than one master roll. Not being willing to purchase the second master roll for such a small amount of film, J&C allegedly then decided which small-volume sizes to "leave for the next order," but didn't mention that in public. If true, this would place blame squarely on J&C's shoulders; Kodak could not be faulted.

I don't know that with absolute certainty, but the person who provided me this information is well known and widely respected in the LF community (it's not Kerry).

Since no one else has mentioned this, how about contacting the local district attorney's office where J&C was located? There is obviously a lot of money missing.

Monty's been waiting over 60 days for a response. When does the community say enough is enough?

A really great but small company, who did their best and it was too much for them to handle. (Ever hear of Preston Tucker?) Heart Attack City!
    Bless you, J&C for what you tried to do.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

probably worth re-posting here as it's already been locked down over there and who knows if it will stay up:

I am terribly saddened by the recent sequence of events but it appears that promises made to make good on former J&C refunds for old TMY orders have gone unanswered and it is time to find the resolution in the courtroom.

Unfortunately, I have no idea who all of the players are and what they are owed. My affiliation with J&C was solely as a facilitator who was tired of complaints about sheet film going away and I have never had any business affiliation with John Minekais / J&C. All I want to do at this juncture is to put this group of claimants together and turn it over to a legal professional (hopefully a fellow photographer) that can resolve this issue and get you your money back. Someone has to get this started so it may as well be me.

In the interest of moving this forward I would request that everyone that is on the short end of this deal please PM me with your particulars (full name and address) along with the amount of refund that you are due. Please keep all paperwork associated with these transactions as they will be necessary later on to prove your case.

If you know of a photographer that is a practicing lawyer or a private investigator that could assist the group in this endevor I am all ears.

Best,

Michael Kadillak
    Michael, I wonder if it's something Carolyn Wright would be willing to take on? (and if she is the right sort of attorney for this kind of thing or not)

http://www.photoattorney.com/
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog