Thread: Quickloads in new Readyload Holder - Lack of Sharpness?

Quickloads in new Readyload Holder - Lack of Sharpness?

I just got back a few sheets of film from the lab, and I'm quite surprised that one of my shots appears to be off focus by maybe a mm or 1/2.. Funny thing was, this was the first few shots that I tried my quickloads in the readyload holder, which from what I'd read earlier - should work fine.

I am pretty certain that the whole shooting match was in near-perfect focus when I stopped down to f/22 and clicked off the exposures. The exposure came out perfect - but the focus was off.

Has anyone else noticed a loss of sharpness by using quickloads in the single-sheet (newer) readyload holder, or is it more likely that I screwed something else up....I sure as heck would love to just go down to a single holder and not have to carry two everywhere...

Ben

Re: Quickloads in new Readyload Holder - Lack of Sharpness?

Ben, although mine is maybe 4 years old, I haven't had any problems with my Readyload holder. Whereas, I have had lots of problems with my technique.

On Robert White's website, there is a write-up about this. He recommends staying with each system and not using Fuji with Kodak and vice-versa.

Never had a problem with Quickloads in a Quickload holder- I had a similar problem a while ago and had it explained to me that additng a filter after focussing can throw off focus just a touch- that solved my problem

Quote Originally Posted by davidbram View Post
    On Robert White's website, there is a write-up about this. He recommends staying with each system and not using Fuji with Kodak and vice-versa.
    I have had no probs with acros quickloads in my readyload holder. Worked fine and I too shot fairly well stopped down (F16-32).

I hear readyloads in the quickload holders can snag hence my decision to buy the readyload holder and I have had no issues with either brand in this holder.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    I have had no probs with acros quickloads in my readyload holder. Worked fine and I too shot fairly well stopped down (F16-32).

I hear readyloads in the quickload holders can snag hence my decision to buy the readyload holder and I have had no issues with either brand in this holder.
    Funny thing - I've had a readyload snag in the readyload holder! It was a pain in the butt to get the end clip off...I had to fold a piece of sheet film in half and force it up through the pressure plate and out the opening. So since then - I've been more inclined to use the Readyload holder for the quickloads, as I've had zero problems inserting or removing the film packets.

I'm no expert but also have heard that QLs work best in the Fuji holder. I've been using them exclusively in the QL holder w/o any problems - except, as Don wrote, with my technique.

I have a new single sheet Readyload holder, but I shoot mostly Quickloads in it. Never had a problem.