Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Agfa DuoScan - Which PCI SCSI Card?

Re: Agfa DuoScan - Which PCI SCSI Card?

Just to bring everyone up to date (and hopefully serve as a reference for anyone searching in the future) my Agfa Duoscan T2500 is now purring happily away on my desk attached to a Windows 7 64bit box. The card I ended up going with was the Adaptec SCSI 29160n PCI card that has fully supported drivers for Win7 (http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support...60/asc-29160n/).

Why did I settle on this card?

I sent Adaptec a note and asked them which SCSI-2 cards with 50 pin external connectors were supported with Win7 64 and they pointed me toward this card and the 19160. Less than $20 on eBay and I was off to the races. Easy install using the Adaptec drivers and once I changed the scanner's SCSI ID to a lower number (1 in my case) I was set. (note the Host Controller Card defaults to SCSI ID#7 which is higher priority than 6>5>4>3>2>1>0 - so set the scanner to a lower priority than the SCSI card itself). Make sure (if you only have the scanner attached to the cable) to turn the SCSI Terminator to 'On'. I downloaded Vuescan and everything worked.

So for anyone out there contemplating this scanner with Win7 64 this is your checklist:
    - Adaptec SCSI Card 29160N
    - Plug in Scanner
    - Download Vuescan (or Silverfast)
    - Scan!

Thanks again to everyone for their help,

Andrew.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agfa DuoScan 1a.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	122157 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agfa DuoScan 2a.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	122158Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agfa DuoScan 3a.JPG 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	122159
    My AGFA DuoScan must be one of the first. It is a ABC Code: LBX91 and SN: 36Y2254. I believe it is a 50 Pin SCSI 1 configuration. I have been using an Adaptec SCSI Card AHA 2930B, Retail 166900A 9732 PCI card with Window's XP. When I upgraded to Windows 7 Pro SP-1 drivers were no longer available for it. The computer is a BioStar Via board with P-4 Processor. It will work if I can find a SCSI card and Windows 7 drivers.
    My main computer is a HP Compaq 8200 Small Form Factor 64 bit also running Windows 7 Pro which I would rather use if anyone knows of a work around which will work and is available.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

My above post should work for you I think. The pin numbers are the same? In any case, I had good luck with the Adaptec SCSI Card 29160N. If there is something different about your config I would suggest dropping a note to Adaptec directly - they were super helpful and I sorted things out in under 5mins with a rep.

Andrew.

Red face Re: Agfa DuoScan - Which PCI SCSI Card?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowat View Post
    My above post should work for you I think. The pin numbers are the same? In any case, I had good luck with the Adaptec SCSI Card 29160N. If there is something different about your config I would suggest dropping a note to Adaptec directly - they were super helpful and I sorted things out in under 5mins with a rep.

Andrew.
    Thanks Andrew I will see if I can find one. I did contact Adaptec but apparently I did not get the same Tech as you.
    This was my Answer

Greetings from Adaptec by PMC,

The 2930B is a very old model. You can try and see if the 32 bit drivers for similar newer 2930 cards will work with that older card.
    Drivers for the newer 2930 card in Windows 7 32 can be found here: http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/speed/s...605457_exe.htm
    Non of the 2930 controllers except the 2930LP are supported in Windows 7 -64, however that controller is no longer available.

The only controller that has PCIe connector is a 29320LPE. You can review the specifications of that controller here: http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support.../asc-29320lpe/

Maybe they will help someone.

Thanks Again, Jack

Quote Originally Posted by JALaswellSr View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agfa DuoScan 1a.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	122157 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agfa DuoScan 2a.JPG 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	122158Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agfa DuoScan 3a.JPG 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	122159
    My AGFA DuoScan must be one of the first. It is a ABC Code: LBX91 and SN: 36Y2254. I believe it is a 50 Pin SCSI 1 configuration. I have been using an Adaptec SCSI Card AHA 2930B, Retail 166900A 9732 PCI card with Window's XP. When I upgraded to Windows 7 Pro SP-1 drivers were no longer available for it. The computer is a BioStar Via board with P-4 Processor. It will work if I can find a SCSI card and Windows 7 drivers.
    My main computer is a HP Compaq 8200 Small Form Factor 64 bit also running Windows 7 Pro which I would rather use if anyone knows of a work around which will work and is available.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew's post was accurate. I purchased the SCSI Card 29160N installed it in my old BioStar Via board P4 Computer with 32 Bit windows 7. I down loaded VueScan and it worked. I then purchased VueScan and all is well with the scanning. I had been using AGFA PhotoLook with XP previously, so there is a slight learning curve.
    This Card will not work in a Small Frame Factor (SFF) Computer. It is a rather large PCI card. The Drivers for the card were on a Floppy Disk and my Floppy drive is no longer working so I download them from Adaptec which was no problem. Both 32 and 64 Bit drivers were available. This Card has a 50 pin external connector according to the documentation. This fits the same cable I had used with my AHA2930 Adaptec Card with XP and the Scanner.
    Many Thanks again to Andrew.

JALaswellSr -

Glad it worked out for you. Another post (http://www.largeformatphotography.in...71#post1175171) seems to have had good luck running it off of an XP box with the original software vs your (and mine) current setup,

Andrew.