Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
Beings that I took the time to actually compare a 10328x7760 image to an 8x10 negative, it was educational for me. Some of the guys decided to go for the challenge, but were looking for reimbursement for their time and expenses, as all it does is bring traffic to the Luminous Landscape website. Somebody on the board actually has an 80Mp back, and posted a crop from it.

Yeah, there was a certain amount of blowing raspberries at each other, etc., etc.

Bottom line is that an 80Mp back can do a very credible job of getting close to what an 8x10 can do, for an order of magnitude increase in price. If the "comparison" setup is like what was done before, then everything will look like everything else. If the comparison is done outside, with near and far things, then a more objective viewpoint may be made.
Thank you Brian for running the test and sharing your results. This forum is full of valuable information from photographers like yourself.

I think it is fair to say that a 6x9 view camera can be called 'large format' these days.

Kind regards,
Darr