1 20.00%
  • August 11th and 12th

4 80.00%
  • August 18th and 19th

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Washington Meeting?

Re: Eastern Washington Meeting?

It sounds like mid Aug is a workable time for most. We need to nail down a time and place soon.

Doyle

Lets vote on the date first. Then we can propose locations next. Suggestions for locations?

I'm not going to vote because I'm not sure if I'll make it but I'll definately be watching this thread. Sounds like a fun outing to areas I haven't been to before.

The 11-12 weekend would be the one for me.

Hey Ben - how was GNP? I hope you got that focus thing sorted.

Unless you've received PMs, it seems as though you have a weekend consensus. I'm not sure to what degree I'll be able to participate since I'll have 3.5 dogs in my vehicle, but I hope to pass through around that time and expose a sheet or two and put some names to faces.

Eric

Prime shooting will be early and late. Perhaps a meeting in the late morning to early afternoon to get to a place for late afternoon to sunset, and again to shoot sunrise till light goes flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric James View Post
    Hey Ben - how was GNP? I hope you got that focus thing sorted.

Unless you've received PMs, it seems as though you have a weekend consensus. I'm not sure to what degree I'll be able to participate since I'll have 3.5 dogs in my vehicle, but I hope to pass through around that time and expose a sheet or two and put some names to faces.

Eric
    Holy canine batman - 3.5 dogs? Are you using one of them to feed the others?
    GNP was a pretty successful trip - the weather was good the whole time, and I saw a good portion of both sides of the park. Looking forward to going back in early September! I have about 10-15 sheets that I need to have scanned (probably within the next 2-3 weeks) by WCI.

Everyone else - yep, looks like a good consensus. Suggestions for a good meeting location are appreciated. I have a few ideas - but will probably put them up tomorrow.
    There are lots of good locations in the area, but I hadn't considered what the parking situation might look like

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Chase View Post
    Holy canine batman - 3.5 dogs? Are you using one of them to feed the others?...
    No, but I know which one I'll sacrifice if it comes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Chase View Post
    ...I have about 10-15 sheets that I need to have scanned (probably within the next 2-3 weeks) by WCI...
    That sounds like a good catch! I shot about forty sheets in early July and only sent in one - wind blows.

Quote Originally Posted by John Berry View Post
    Prime shooting will be early and late. Perhaps a meeting in the late morning to early afternoon to get to a place for late afternoon to sunset, and again to shoot sunrise till light goes flat?
    That sounds like a good idea. There are so many backroads in the Palouse, that it would be difficult to know of them all. Many of them are unmarked.

I like Steptoe Butte when there are some interesting clouds in the sky. If it's a clear day, then it is still quite possible to make great pictures, but you have to be mindful of the haze. Also the wind is an issue depending on what side of the Butte your on, but so far it hasn't stopped me. It might be a good idea to meet at that location, as it is a good central point for branching off to other locations.

Plan for weather in the upper 90's, but thunderstorms are always a possibility this time of year, and the Butte is NOT where you want to be when this happens.

I am going to get out and do some scouting this weekend and come up with some good spots that aren't TOO far out of the way.

I did a little scouting today of places we should check out. Other ideas are always welcome!

Map is here, which refers to the picture numbers below:

Please excuse the crappy pics, they are just to serve as an quick example and visual reference

Examples 1, 2, 3, and 4 here: