Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad batches of Ilford FP4?

Re: Bad batches of Ilford FP4?

O.K. Try to buy Ilford 11 x 14 sheet film in the U.K. I asked an Ilford rep about the shortage of the larger sizes of sheet film in the U.K. at Focus a couple of years ago and was told "You and four others". Check old Silverprint catalogues for Ilford 11 x 14. I'll stand my ground, Ilford have no commitment towards the U.K. large format community and treat us with total contempt. George, the fact that your address is Chester indicates that you could well be an employee of the company, if so I admire your loyalty but the facts are the facts. I even offered to drive to the factory and collect some 11 x 14 earlier this year before they exported the stuff. Their rep couldn't even be bothered to reply or accept the challenge. If they think that I'm prepared to import Ilford sheet film that they are not prepared to sell on the home market they can get stuffed. If you do work for them you might be willing to explain this to their management after the bank holiday. With their attitudes it's not hard to see how they went bust, and to be honest I wouldn't buy shares in the company. As I said, "The future lies in the east". The company have failed the U.K. U.L.F. community. I am happy to drink European wine, and buy European clothing, so why not use European film?
    Pete.

Hmmm .... I guess the supplier angle is out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Watkins View Post
    O.K. Try to buy Ilford 11 x 14 sheet film in the U.K. George, the fact that your address is Chester indicates that you could well be an employee of the company, if so I admire your loyalty but the facts are the facts. I even offered to drive to the factory and collect some 11 x 14 earlier this year before they exported the stuff.
    Pete.
    Pete, I have no connection whatsoever with Ilford. I do happen to live not too far from Mobberley, and I am looking forward to visiting the factory on their open day very shortly, on 15 June. I accept what you say about the availability of 1 LF film format in the UK, but I cannot of course verify your claims. Most of us are very glad that this company is surviving to produce any B&W products!

George, when you visit the factory ask the mighty Simon why he didn't answer my e-mails or take up my offer to visit the factory at my own expense and buy some 11 x 14 for CASH at a time that suited him. If he can't verify my claims I could probably trace the e-mails in my files but as I've got film from another source I really don't care about Ilford.
    Have a nice day there,
    Pete.

If any one in the UK really wants 11x14 HP5+ (or any other hard to find item) it is included in Ilford's Direct2Dealer catalogue. Call 0800 234 6484 and order it for next day delivery to a local participating dealer. Most of the Ilford/Harman product can be ordered this way making unusual items that few, if any, dealers stock easy to obtain.

Cheers, Bob.