For about 7- 8 years I have been using a Lowepro classic trekker backpack. Here's a link to the new version, which is the same size as what i have:

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...r_Classic.aspx

Well with the addition of a new 90mm lens i just bought, my backpack is a wee bit too small now. I carry my 4x5 Tachihara, about 6 lenses, spot meter, loupe, about 6 film plates and a variety of filters, and a couple first aid items (like band aids and iodine).

A lot of photo stores in the local area have Lowepro backpacks, bigger ones, but man - they are huge! Alomost too big, and most of the larger ones I see around here have these waterproof zippers that probally do a good job, but man, what a PITA to open and close.

What do people suggest, if anything, that is a step larger than the Lowepro I have now? I would be happy to look at other brands, but around here, there are no other photo backpacks in stock.

Here's another question - those padded dividers you see inside camera cases and photo backpacks - can you buy those seperately? One store near me has some excellent hiking backpacks in stock, and I could adapt one of those to use if I had the padded divider I think.

That's another problem I find - buying backpacks is a bit like buying a pair of shoes - you almost have to try one on to see if it is comfortable or not. That's what I found with the larger Lowepro backpacks, just too larger, too much for me

thanks
joe