Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arches Platine

Arches Platine

Anyone know if I can purchase this paper in Vancouver, BC? I've looked at the big places like Opus and Loomis...nothing.

Re: Arches Platine

Andrew - It might be worth your while to come down to Seattle and buy it at Daniel Smith, or order it online. What are you using it for, and how much do you need?

I switched from Platine to Rising Stonehenge (which is on sale at Daniel Smith for $1.01 a 22"X30" sheet in 100+ quantity).

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Herta View Post
    I switched from Platine to Rising Stonehenge (which is on sale at Daniel Smith for $1.01 a 22"X30" sheet in 100+ quantity).
    Why did you change?

Doug - you might want to be thinking about an alternate. The Rising mill is being shut down next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Gasteazoro View Post
    Why did you change?
    Jorge,

The surface of the Rising Stonehenge looks better for the prints I have been working on and the paper is easier for me to clear. I have been hearing about the mill closure and want to stock up - as well as start looking for an alternative. B&S is running a special sampler pack (go look over at APUG) so when that arrives I will reassess what direction I want to take.

Doug

I have been using Rising Stonehenge too. I just thought I'd try another paper...Looks like I'll be making a trip to the art store and stocking up on Stonehenge...

Quote Originally Posted by Louie Powell View Post
    Doug - you might want to be thinking about an alternate. The Rising mill is being shut down next month.
    I had not heard that. Too bad. Rising Stonhenge is one of my favorite papers for kallitype and palladium, plus it is quite inexpensive.

Sandy King

Do you need to size Rising Stonhenge for it to work with palladium?

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I had not heard that. Too bad. Rising Stonhenge is one of my favorite papers for kallitype and palladium, plus it is quite inexpensive.

Sandy King

On April 23, 2007, Legion announced they had purchased the facility and were keeping it open. True? Or???

So... back to my earlier question: Is Rising Stonehenge usable without first sizing when printing Pt/Pd?

Quote Originally Posted by Louie Powell View Post
    ... The Rising mill is being shut down next month.

Jorge,

The surface of the Rising Stonehenge looks better for the prints I have been working on and the paper is easier for me to clear. I have been hearing about the mill closure and want to stock up - as well as start looking for an alternative. B&S is running a special sampler pack (go look over at APUG) so when that arrives I will reassess what direction I want to take.

Doug
    WHat is the surface like? Smooth? I loved Socorro but B&S does not sell it anymore and NY art sells Van Gelder too thin....I was planing on staying with ARches, but might try the Sotnhenge.