Thread: Polaroid 545 or 545i

Polaroid 545 or 545i

I'm new to using Polaroid film and I had a few basic questions. What difference is there between the Polaroid 545 and 545i holders? Does anyone have experience using readyloads in the Polaroid holder? Lastly, any recommendations as to Polar iod b&w sheet films.

Thanks,

Tim Ezzell

Polaroid 545 or 545i

Don't know what the differences are between the 545 and 545i. My experience with Readyloads and QuickLoads in polaroid and their dedicated holders is that you a re better off with dedicated holder, specifically the Fuji over the Kodak. unfor tunately no B&W or Color neg material availible currently in USA from Fuji in Qu ickLoad format. Type55 gives you a neg. even if you don't want to print from it, it is an excellent focus and DoF confirmation.

Polaroid 545 or 545i

Have you checked with Polaroid directly either at their web page (www.polaroid.c om) or by their 800#? Either location will give you the definitive information y ou seek.

Polaroid 545 or 545i

I think the 545i is the current holder (plastic) which replaces the 545 (metal). they are functionally identical. i use 4 types of film. Polapro 100: doesn't require coating Type 52: 400ASA, nice tonality, requires coating Type 55: gives you a print and a negative (however both cannot be exposed properly since the negative is slower), requires coating of the print and washing of the negative. Sepia: wonderful for some subjects. nice tonality. no coating required.

Polaroid 545 or 545i

Don't try to use Readyload in the Polaroid holder. Despite what the instructions that come with Readyload film say, it isn't a good idea - you'll almost certain ly get major light leaks. I have had no problems with the Readyload holder and T Max 100 film. Despite all of the critical comments about this holder mine has w orked fine. I do have the newer model and I also follow the instructions meticul ously.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.