Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Verito Picture Post

Verito Picture Post

Hallo!
    Here are some pictures made with a Verito 18" in 8x10. Hope you enyou it and all the best from Berlin.

Re: Verito Picture Post

Here is a studio shot on 8x10 Ektachrome (tungsten) from about 1980. I used 2000w fresnel as key light, traditional "Hollywood" style butterfly lighting. 18" Verito, Packard shutter, 8x10 Agfa/Ansco camera. For some reason any color upload I do to this forum gets muted color, the original is much more vibrant.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cliquefine.jpg  

Gorgeous! - the photo and the lady. A very convincing example IMO that these lenses- when in the right hands and used with discretion- can add impact, whereas other types of lenses, when used for the same subject and with the same lighting, might remove this lively "presence" and replace it by something reminding of Madame Tussods, not to say morgue.

Gene - that is just outstanding - thanks for posting

Here's one from an 8.75" Verito on 5x7 film printed on Centennial POP. Be forewarned it is an image of a nude in the landscape. So if you are under the age of majority or find such themes offensive, don't look.

Joe

Andy Eads
    Pasco, Washington - the dry side of the state

I love the look of the Verito with the buildings as subjects.

For Gene: I took the liberty of opening your photo in Photoshop and found it had no color space tag attached. Virtually all web browsers will assume the color space is sRGB. When I opened your file and asked PS to assume the file was in the sRGB space, it looks just like it does in my browsers. I then opened the file in PS but asked PS to assume the color space was AdobeRGB and then convert to sRGB. The result is a much more vivid (and realistic to my eye) result. I've attached the modified files for your viewing pleasure. Both files are now tagged with sRGB. I realize I have made a change to your image without your express prior approval but I hope you will find it instructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Eads View Post
    I love the look of the Verito with the buildings as subjects.

For Gene: I took the liberty of opening your photo in Photoshop and found it had no color space tag attached. Virtually all web browsers will assume the color space is sRGB. When I opened your file and asked PS to assume the file was in the sRGB space, it looks just like it does in my browsers. I then opened the file in PS but asked PS to assume the color space was AdobeRGB and then convert to sRGB. The result is a much more vivid (and realistic to my eye) result. I've attached the modified files for your viewing pleasure. Both files are now tagged with sRGB. I realize I have made a change to your image without your express prior approval but I hope you will find it instructive.
    Your changes reflect a more accurate reproduction of the file as it looks viewing it in photoshop on my computer. Thank you. I cannot fathom why the profile got stripped out...

Bristlecone

Eastman Improved #2 7X11 camera and 18" Wollensak Verito @f6

Beautiful photo, Jim!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Beautiful photo, Jim!
    Thanks John.