Thread: Somebody steal this!

Somebody steal this!

Just saw this today. Here is the auction number. A Creo IQsmart2 190110130393. A buy it now price of $ 1200!!!! I have no idea who the seller is and have no connection.

Believe me people this is one fantastic scanner and comparable to any drum scanner on the market. This is per the guys at genesis equipment which is where I bought an earlier version of this scanner for $ 3,500!

Sheesh, I wish I didnt have one. Only thing is to hunt down the software which isnt a big deal. Genesis has it and you may be able to have them give you a ripped copy.

Youre Welcome!

George

Re: Somebody steal this!

George, it is a fantastic deal IF IT WORKS and it is being sold as is. Genesis isn't going to give the software away ... they need it to sell with the scanners they sell. AFAIK you can't buy Oxygen Lite, which is what comes with the 2, separately and a copy of the full blown Oxygen is ~ 2500. A high price to pay to test a scanner. OTOH, if you are local and have access to a copy of the software and can go try it out .

BTW, a fully warentied refurb of this machine from Kodak or their distributor is 9500. New it is 13K

Geos

Re: Somebody steal this!

I'd highly recommend this scanner. The Windows (XP) software can be had from Kodak for about $175. The latest version supports 16-bit B&W, also. What's there can always be serviced, and many components can be changed. Make sure it comes with the calibration film and masks. I'd also recommend picking the unit up, rather than shipping it, which might result in damage. Finnaly, I highly recommend the oil mounting station, which comes with its own platten, and make life and scans so much easier and better.

Oil mounting station

Id love to get one of these but my gosh are the expensive! If I remember somewhere around 2500-3500.

Crazy.