Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinar Norma 8x10... needs a new bellows... camerabellows.com or sinar second hand ?

Sinar Norma 8x10... needs a new bellows... camerabellows.com or sinar second hand ?

my 8x10 norma needs a new standard bellows, so i'mlooking for user experience of camerabellows.coM's bellows...

Min and max extension ? etc...

and comparison with sinar ones ?

thanks

Re: Sinar Norma 8x10... needs a new bellows... camerabellows.com or sinar second hand

You will need to send in your old bellows, and it can be matched by any of the bellows makers. If you want it longer, just tell them. Any of the bellows makers will need the wood or plastic frames that each end of the bellows is attached to.

Re: Sinar Norma 8x10... needs a new bellows... camerabellows.com or sinar second hand

Based on the Sample he sent me and the comments I have seen recently from members, I would recommend Mark, in Hilo, Hi.

Looks like he makes a top quality bellows and everybody seems to be very happy with his work.

Might take a look at this thread.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...cement+Bellows

Dave

by the way, i"m living in france... CEE

Camera Bellows made an exact duplicate of my Toyo 810M bellows for about 1/3 what a new Toyo was going to cost. It was beautifully done. Total time from quote, to me shipping the frame overseas, to getting the final product back in my hands was three weeks.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

It's going to be tough finding a Sinar bellows for the 8x10" Norma. My P uses the same size bellows, and I discovered while looking for a bag bellows that the larger 8x10" bellows for the metering back are much more common.

My 8x10" Sinar P bellows is and extra-long 40", so it's probably a custom job, and I have no problem using it with a 120mm lens, which is as short as I go with 8x10". I'd recommend going 40", if you have a new one made with your old frames. I've had great work from Camera Bellows UK on my 11x14" camera.

I will recommend Mark Kapono even if he is far from you, in Hilo, Hawaii. Like Dave, I've had bellows made by him at a lot less cost than the other places, and of excellent quality and fit.

shipping + Custom +shipping Back + custom... i think i will go with camera bellows !
    i'd like to be able to use a 110 without mouvements and a 450... it looks like the mark's bellows are thikker than the other ones when compressed !

Quote Originally Posted by archivue View Post
    shipping + Custom +shipping Back + custom... i think i will go with camera bellows !
    i'd like to be able to use a 110 without mouvements and a 450... it looks like the mark's bellows are thikker than the other ones when compressed !
    Then why even ask?

Marks bellows are no thicker than the stock bellows....if camera bellows looks like it will work, then by all means, get your replacement at Camera Bellows, seems to be a pretty simple choice to me.

Dave

Then why even ask?

as i said : Min and max extension ? etc...

they told me that they can make it as long as i want, but i'd like to be able to use a 210 with mouvements without the need of a bag bellow, while being able to focus till nearly 1/1 with a 360... but i'm not shure if it's possible !