Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Idea to stop "lounge only" type posters

Re: Idea to stop "lounge only" type posters

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    There is plenty of freedom here. The threads are generally on topic and I really get the power of community when people step up and offer their knowledge. The lounge is beautiful. This is where you get to see people outside of their LF craft. Everyone is coming from a different place. Sometimes the langauge and concepts are arcane, sometimes they are direct and to the point. I'm all for free expression in the lounge. The moderators do a fine job all around. Likely the most hands off forum featuring this much access to information on what we all love to do, LF imaging.

What's the problem?
    Joe,

I don't have any problem with the lounge, it pretty much functions as it should, and it can be a fun place to play around with..my only point was when you participate in a system that is owned by a private owner, it is at the owner's discretion what is acceptable or is not acceptable...so there is controls in place to ensure things stay on topic..but again, I am NOT saying close down the lounge...

Dave

jetcode

Re: Idea to stop "lounge only" type posters

Dave, my comment was directed to the entire thread not to you personally. I was inspired to write based on your post. I agree that QT and whomever else is generously responsible for this site has the right to regulate and as far as I can tell it's all here. I was even asking for certain features and it turns out they already exist.

This forum is likely one of the best I've seen in terms of layout. In fact I would like to license the software for use on other topics.