Thread: It's gone! New picture post

It's gone! New picture post

I was driving through an old haunt over the weekend and much to my surprise and disappointment a couple of my past photographic 'icons' have lost their battle with entropy. In memorium I thought I'd post these (poor scans) of what was. (The shack has fallen into a heap and the bridge has been replaced by a nice shiney new one ) Que Sera Sera... How about posting your lost loved ones?

Re: It's gone! New picture post

how about posting the "after" shots?

hmmm, yeah I thought someone might ask that. Didn't take one of either. Couldn't see the point. The new bridge will be around for years - so no rush there. As for the shack, it was just a pile of planks - i didn't have the heart (or time, really). it'd be too much of a 'clinical' exercise for me.
    pete

They arn't LF but they are two of my favorite shots. In Cherry Az. There is an antique shop that was never open. Just had stuff piled up on the porch and hanging from the wall. The shots were done back in the 89 time frame. Went back there a few years ago and the building is still there but everything is gone, wiped clean.

All were eaten shortly after the pictures were taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Skerys View Post
    hmmm, yeah I thought someone might ask that. Didn't take one of either. Couldn't see the point. The new bridge will be around for years - so no rush there. As for the shack, it was just a pile of planks - i didn't have the heart (or time, really). it'd be too much of a 'clinical' exercise for me.
    pete
    Pete, where were these two pictures taken?

Rob,
    The shack is/was on the Goulburn Valley highway at Molesworth - about an hour northeast of Melbourne. The bridge is at Polly McQuinns weir about about 5ks west of Strathbogie - roughly 2 hours northeast of Melbourne. (Victoria, Australia - for those unfamiliar with these names.)
    pete

January1996. The older son had started college in Rhode Island, so we decided to go to Cape Cod for a week (yeah, I know, but at least you can find a place to park then).

I exposed one negative at Nauset Llight. When I got home and processed the 4x5 film, I was initially very excited by what I saw. Then, when I printed it I realized that the negative was flawed and required lots of spotting. Lots of very tedious spotting.

So when we went back to the Cape in February 1997, I promised myself that I would go back to Nauset Light to make a clean negative.

But it wasn't there. They had moved the lighthouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Skerys View Post
    Rob,
    The shack is/was on the Goulburn Valley highway at Molesworth - about an hour northeast of Melbourne. The bridge is at Polly McQuinns weir about about 5ks west of Strathbogie - roughly 2 hours northeast of Melbourne. (Victoria, Australia - for those unfamiliar with these names.)
    pete
    Thanks Pete. I'm not familar with Molesworth, but I have been to the Goulburn Valley, Shepparton a couple of times. In fact, I was in the northern part of the valley, at Barmah, last October. I was curious about the images, because I'll be in Bright this coming October. There is an old building similar to the one you photographed off the road to Mt. Hotham (old Harrietville Road); your building reminded me of that one.