Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Down amongst the oldies

Re: Down amongst the oldies

With a wide angle aplanat like the anonymous 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 or my Wray 6" that each cover 90 degrees. Is field curvature over the area of their intended coverage weaker, the same or stronger than a regular f8 aplanat?
    Anyone had the likes of my Wray front-mounted into a modern shutter?

Re: Down amongst the oldies

A long time has passed & I am not so prosperous now....
    I actually had that Beck Biplanat re-mounted into a Copal ~1 by S.K. Grimes. That lens is amazingly sharp in the centre at f5.8.
    If you look at the bush on the left side of the frame and the bench on the right you can see how sharp they are compared to the lap fence where the point of focus was. The second image shows the Biplanat when used at f 22.
    The third image is the Bausch & Lomb R.R. lens in a Kodak Ball-Bearing shutter robbed from a #1 Autographic.
    I also cemented a no-name f8 brass lens into the front of a Polaroid MP4 Copal shutter that has no diaphragm. I can't recall that I ever got around to testing this lens against the ex kodak lens in image #3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beck Biplanat at f5.jpg   Beck Biplanat at f22.jpg   B&L RR at f8.jpg