Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh what an idiot!

Re: Oh what an idiot!

Well I've never posted a pic before, so I hope it can be seen. It's obviously compressed etc., but the original has a lovely luminous quality about it and it's tack sharp. Pity about the missing pillars on the left hand side due to my error..

that's what I drove all that way for, well not really, I did take a few others :-)

Dave Karp

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    A few years ago Tioga Pass was open on New Years day, which is very, very rare.
    I left the cable release at home
    I'll see you a forgotten cable release, and raise you with a forgotten tripod! At least it wasn't on my annual trip to Yosemite though.

"A blank he lived, and a blank he died; he never remembered to pull the slide."
    -Beaumont Newhall

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    A few years ago Tioga Pass was open on New Years day, which is very, very rare.
    I left the cable release at home

Well, on LF photography I had 2 or 3 cases like that (not pulling the polaroid envelope), out of a dozen total polaroids taken (yeah, I'm really new to LF).

But on a similar note, this weekend I was hired to take a few pictures of a rock band on a concert on Friday and studio recording on Sat. I took some lightning equipment as I know recording studios don't usually have a great light (and no windows).

The way I've had it setup is an AB800 head slave triggered mounted on a softbox, and a flash head mounted on an umbrella.

Long story short, I forgot the piece that stays on top of the lightstand and holds the flash and umbrella...

The solution: get the press kit producer guy to be my lightstand and hold the umbrella and the flash togegher. He never knew I forgot the piece... supposedly there was no room for another lightstand

Seems to me that one of the best reasons for going to large format is that you can only ruin one photo at a time. A whole lot better than all the times I've opened the back of a 35mm camera without rewinding first.

Ever taken some shots with empty filmholders? I have.

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

I just had a darkroom moment: Loaded the film into the Jobo tank. Now, where's the lid? Managed to find it in the dark, far, far away from where I loaded the film.

Could have been worse - you could have arrived and discovered you left the camera home as I did years ago after a 30 or so mile drive. Or on second thought maybe that wasn't worse, at least I didn't waste any film. : - )
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur Wong View Post
    I used to have senior moments, now I refer to them all as middle age moments. . . .
    Around HERE, those times are now officially known as "intellectual interludes."

the worst one of mine was in the western isles of scotland. Snapping a film with 10 shots of ball lightning over the mountains of harris.

Oh and a few of calanish standing stones at sunset.

thankfully I was only 15 so I'll put that down to the young pup side.

LF side of things though.. worst has been last week. going out and realising I forgot to pick up the darkslide from the car after lugging the case and tripod 5 miles into the wood

Not quite mature enough there.