Thread: I'm Just-In from Athens, Ga.

I'm Just-In from Athens, Ga.

Hey All,
    Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm getting back into my photographic hobby and now am the proud owner of two LF cameras after having picked-up a Horseman LE on Ebay. Looking forward to learning about platinum/palladium as a friend said to differentiate your work from the masses ( I figure alternative processes do that). Ready for a long, satisfying ride.
    Paul

Re: I'm Just-In from Athens, Ga.

Welcome. Between Georgia & North Florida, there are quite a few of us LF'ers. A few of us in Jax area are doing alt processes too. Now if we could only convince APIS to hold an East Coast biennial!

I'm also in Athens, GA- shooting 8x10 and contact printing. Hope you have a blast getting back into LF!

Welcome to the LF Forum, Paul.

Scott Davis

Welcome to the forum from Washington DC. I too am an alt-process person - I'm mostly shooting 5x7, but I've got just about everything between 4x5 and 11x14 (4x5, 5x7, 6.5x8.5, 5x12, 8x10, and 11x14). Platinum/palladium is a great way to go - once you get the basics nailed, it is a richly rewarding medium, with beautiful tonality. Don't be afraid to dabble beyond that though - there are so many media available!

Welcome. I may be the only member in the Macon GA area. I went to school at UGA in Athens. I hope to join the jacksonville folks on an outing if I'm ever not working. Maybe we could get a Georgia outing together sometime.

I'm up for it!